70: flames

let us take a moment to recall all of the good things harry has done in this book 😅

//

Harry Styles

"C'mon, could you imagine how much fun we'd all have in Paris?" Liam says, sitting in the VIP section of the bar with Niall and Angela right across from him.

"It's Elaina's trip. She asked me to come." I say as I pack up my things, getting ready to pick Elaina up from Zayn's and go home.

"Oh, like you haven't been itching to go back there." Niall makes the comment and Angela whacks him, and I just give him an annoyed glare.

"Dude, c'mon." I say. "It's different this time."

"Okay, okay. Im sorry." Niall immediately stands down, realizing his joke was a little too out of pocket.

Liam sets down his drink and furrows his brows. "Wait, but are you really gonna go to Paris and not try to track down the necklace?"

I sigh and just shake my head. "I gotta go pick Elaina up." I murmur as I start to head for the stairs.

"Are you guys coming out later?" Niall asks as Im leaving.

"Yeah, we'll be here around midnight." I tell them.

We're all meeting at the bar later to celebrate Elaina. I want her to feel supported in this next step, so I've planned a big night.

I leave the bar and get into my car down the street. I leave the window down, turn on the radio, let myself relax a little.

Things have been quiet since I left Manchester. Vincent hasn't tasked me with any jobs, and he told me he won't until I'm fully recovered.

Personally, I think I'm fine, but I'll take the time off to spend time with Elaina and hopefully build up our relationship even more.

I plan on telling her everything after Paris. I know I keep delaying it, but she can't go on this trip with the knowledge of everything.

All I can do is pray I've done enough to prove I love her, and she will eventually forgive me.

I'm trying really hard to focus on the good. We're in such a good place.

I've never been in love like this before. I'm so happy it's with her.

I pull into the driveway of Zayn's villa. Getting out of my car, I look up and see Elaina's bedroom window open and I can hear the soft music playing from inside. I smile to myself, excited to see her.

Zayn's here too, which means they were alone in the same proximity for the first time in a while. I hope they talked, at least.

I let myself in, opening the front door.

It's really quiet, that's the first thing I notice. The only thing I can hear is the music from Elaina's room.

"Hello?" I call out, walking down the hall that leads to the kitchen. I start to worry when I'm met with silence.

And then, when I walk into the kitchen, I just see Zayn at the table. He has a cigarette between his fingers, and a glass of whiskey next to him. His head is down, his back to me.

"Zayn?" I say his name, he doesn't look my way.

I take a step toward him. "What's going on?" I stand tall next to the table.

Zayn sniffs and lifts his head, he taps the end of his cigarette on the edge of an ashtray, smoke in the air. "Do you want a drink?" he asks, his voice groggy and shallow.