28

Elaina Basset

When Angela told me that the guys would be working in her living room tonight, I expected that work to be a little more...professional.

I get that they're a young group of men, but with their line of business I was expecting the behind the scenes process of something like this to be serious and formal. But so far, Liam and Louis have argued about the sofa chair and who gets to sit on it and Angela and Niall argued about using the bathroom...you see, Niall had to pee and Zayn was in the washroom already, and the only other washroom was in Angela's room and she refused to let Niall use that one so he had to piss outside.

The more time I spend with them, the more I'm questioning if they're actually criminals or just giant toddlers with tattoos.

I've received the scoop of what happened tonight from Zayn. I knew they had a job tonight but I didn't know what it was. He told me about how they were compromised and beaten up. Just thinking about it made my stomach hurt.

Just by looking at the guys, I can tell that the people who beat them were ruthless. Zayn's barely been able to move because of his ribs. Louis has a busted open lip that's beginning to bruise. Harry's nose is bruised along the bridge, and his bottom lip has a gash on it that he cleaned up about an hour ago.

"Are you almost done, Ang?" Harry asks from his seat on the couch.

I sit on the counter next to Angela as she stands and does a bunch of shit on her laptop that I can't understand. She's breaking into this guys phone that Harry stole. Apparently she's done it hundreds of times.

"Oh, I've been in for five minutes already." she says, "I'm looking through his camera roll...this guy's dick is so little." she laughs as she looks at her laptop screen.

I bite my lip to try and suppress my laughter as well. I couldn't see the screen, and I didn't want to, but the fact that she's just been scrolling through this man's photos is kinda humorous.

"Jesus Christ." Harry grumbles under his breath at Angela's comments as he stands up and comes over to the counter. Niall follows, then Liam, then Louis, while Zayn remains on the couch because he can barely move. Soon enough, there were six of us at the kitchen counter crowded around Angela's laptop. I stay sitting on the counter, leaning over to look.

"Where do we start?" Niall questions.

"Messages." Harry directs, and Angela brings the cursor over to the green messages app. Her computer had the set up of Alec's phone laid out on her screen, so it was just like using a phone but on a laptop.

The app opens, and we're met with a list of names and numbers. Some messages were opened and replied to, while some weren't. Angela slowly scrolls through, all of us watching intently.

"Click on that one." Harry says, pointing to an unanswered message with no contact assigned, just a number.

Angela brings the cursor to where Harry pointed, opening the thread between Alec and this number that was unknown to us.

There were only two messages between Alec and this unknown number. Neither of them were from Alec.

'I'll be in Sicily on Saturday. Bring the package.'

'You have a hotel room booked under the name 'Anchelo Rossi'. Be there by 8am.'

"Looks like this fucker is running away to Sicily." Niall says.

"He's got some business there?" Liam questions.

"I'm guessing it's another drug deal." Zayn says from the couch.