25

lol

//

"You'll be sitting in a surveillance van the entire time. There will be cameras outside and inside the bank, all you have to do is keep watch and let the guys know if anything is coming for them."

Angela speaks to me as she grabs black jeans and a long sleeved black shirt from my closet. She turns and walks towards me as I sit on my bed.

"You'll also need to wear all black, to stay hidden."

I huff and shake my head. "This is ridiculous."

"I know you're a little worried, but—"

"A little worried? Ang, I'm terrified. I'm gonna get us all thrown in jail." I ramble, spilling my fears about this 'job' that I'm supposed to be doing in an hour.

"No you won't." she tries to reassure me. "Trust me, please. You won't be in any sort of danger."

"The people inside the bank will call the cops, they'll see the van outside."

She shakes her head. "I'm going to shut off the wifi and cellphone service before we go in. No one is going to catch us, Elaina. We're pros at this, remember?"

I sigh as I slide off my bed, taking off my pants and changing into the black jeans, then I slip off my shirt and change into the black one. I walk over to the mirror hung over my vanity, looking at my appearance with negativity.

Angela comes up behind me, our eyes meeting through the mirror.

"I have every ounce of faith in you." she says.

I press my lips together and nod shortly. My mind was scattered, and it made it hard to focus.

She brings her hand up and swipes all my hair to one side of my neck gently, her eyes reading my expression.

"Why are you so sad? Something else going on?" she speaks softly as she plays with my mess of hair.

I give a small shrug with my shoulders. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Talk to me." she frowns. "You can tell me anything, baby."

I look at her through the mirror and gently sigh before turning around to physically see her. I lean against the wall with my back, catching Angela's expression which showed me she was ready to listen.

I haven't talked to anyone about Isaac yet. It's been weighing me down and this may be my opportunity to get some of that weight off.

"Isaac cheated."

Immediately, her face drops from worry to rage. I watch as her eyes shift, and she became so intimidating all of a sudden.

"What." she mutters. "Are you joking?"

I bite my cheek and shake my head. "I have pictures. He was making out with some girl at a club.."

She stares at me with disbelief before letting out a short scoff and looking to the ground, shaking her head before flicking her darkened eyes up to me once more.

"I can make sure he's never seen again, you know?" she says.

I furrow my brows, leaning against my wall with my hands behind my back. "What?"