37

HARRY'S HOUSE????? LETS TALK ABOUT IT BECAUSE HE IS INSANE FOR THAT ALBUM. TELL ME YOUR TOP 3.

also. those songs gave me so much more inspo for some moments in this book so prepare yourselves LMFAOOOO

Harry Styles

"What!"

Angela's voice shouts. Her brows are raised, her fists are clenched, and steam is practically coming from her ears. She looks ready to punch the shit out of me.

For context, I've just told her that Elaina has agreed to join the Monarchs.

She's not taking it well.

"Dumbass." Bianca just scoffs under her breath at me, shaking her head with disapproval.

After the bar, I brought Elaina back here to Angela's, and I figured that we're gonna have to tell the group eventually, so we might as well start here.

It's just Bianca and Angela that know so far, and based off their reactions, this is gonna take some adjusting.

"We need to go talk to Vincent. This can't happen." Angela immediately begins to walk away, ready to head for her front door but I stop her by grabbing her wrist.

"Jesus fuck, let us explain at least." I say, Elaina standing next to me.

We got here literally two minutes ago. Elaina couldn't stand not telling her best friend what happened so she let it spill immediately. I was planning on feeling out the vibe of the room first at the very least, but nooo.

"Explain what? That you signed my best friend up for a gang?"

"That's not what—"

"He didn't sign me up, Ang." Elaina speaks up, cutting me off. We all turn to face her. "I did this willingly."

Angela looks at Elaina with furrowed brows and an open mouth like she couldn't even form words. She then looks at me, and gives me a glare and tears her wrist away from my grip before focusing back on Elaina.

"Why? Why would you agree to something like this?" she scolds Elaina. "This isn't you."

Elaina's delicate fingers retreat up to her gold heart pendant around her neck. I've noticed she does this a lot, probably as a calming technique.

"He said he could protect me."

Angela rubs her temples, breathing out through her nose. "We would protect you anyway."

"I know, but you can only do so much. At least this way, I'll have extra security." Elaina says.

It sounds like she's also trying to convince herself that she made the right choice along with Angela.

Angela takes her hands from her face and crosses her arms, huffing our a frustrated breath. She doesn't say anything right away, which hints that she's either processing this or she's still extremely pissed.

I'm gonna go with the latter.

"Well, I for one think she'll be kinda badass." Bianca breaks the silence from across the kitchen counter. In her sports bra and denim overall shorts, she hops up onto Angela's kitchen counter with her legs dangling over the side. She grabs an apple from the fruit basket and chomps into it casually while focusing on Elaina herself now. "You'd be a hot gang member." she then looks at me as she chews, tilting her head. "Wouldn't you agree, Harr Bear?"

I roll my eyes. Her voice alone is insufferable to listen to right now.

"Look, she has us to learn from." I say, still trying to justify this. "It's not like she'll be thrown into this blindly."