77: Finale

The Final Chapter of Invasato.

"Mr. Horan...thank you for meeting with us given the circumstances."

Niall's foot taps against the hard white floors. Above him, is a bothersome fluorescent light beam that he can hear the buzz from. His hands lay in his lap, his palms run along his jeans.

He appears anxious.

A woman in a black pant suit sits across the table from him, a notepad and a folder in front of her. Her well manicured red nails embrace a black pen. He hasn't looked at her face yet. Along with the notepad, there is a tape recorder.

She clears her throat, her thick accent speaks. "I need you to understand that we need you to tell us as much as you can...so we can proceed accordingly."

Niall flicks his eyes up to her, an angry glare over his irises. "My friends were killed. What else do you need?"

He was sharp, stern. What else could he be?

She looks him in the eye.

"The story." she states. "Start from the beginning."

Niall looks to his lap and inhales. It's been two days. Two days since it all unfolded, two days since the museum burned down and crumbled into pieces.

Now, Niall knows better not to snitch. Even given the circumstances, he won't give up any information regarding the real reason they were all at that museum. He has identities to protect.

"It was Elaina's art gala. We were all there in support of her." Niall explains.

"Who's we?" The woman asks as she begins to write.

"Me, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Angela Styles, Zayn Malik, Bianca Alderez, and Aldo Riveria...and Harry Styles."

She nods, writing.

"And..." she, again, clears her throat due to the sensitivity of the topic. "Everyone else made it out, correct? Everyone except Miss. Basset and Mr. Styles."

Niall closes his eyes for a moment. He nods.

"We couldn't find a lot about Harry Styles in our research." she comments.

Of course she couldn't. Harry's never been caught using his own identity during heists. Only when it came to saving Elaina.

"I got everyone else out, but when I went back for the two of them...the building was completely collapsed to the ground on fire." Niall gets back on topic.

She writes. Her cursive is neat, she's done this lots of times. Niall watches the ink lay out on the lined notepad. His words on paper and on tape.

She drops the pen on the pad and looks back up at him, intertwining her fingers atop the table.

"I can't imagine what you're feeling right now...but I promise, there will be justice." she tells him, her voice genuine.

Niall presses his lips into a straight line. He doesn't know how to respond.

"Which brings me to my next point...Carter Basset." she says, a syringe of anger pinches Niall's spine at the mention. "Through our research, we found that he's Elaina's estranged brother. Is that right?"