53

y'all ready?

Harry Styles

It was a package retrieval turned rescue mission...and I was angry.

I was angry that two of my best friends were at the hands of God knows who, and I was even angrier that I had to find a stupid package along with them.

We worked all afternoon to track everything down. Angela didn't stop, working on her computer to gather every bit of information that she possibly could. No stopping to eat, or drink. Eventually, she was able to crack a code and find the package data and track it—and we found a rough estimate at a fucking train station.

It's been stored there for days, which makes me think that the employees at the station are in on it—which makes this risky.

They might know our faces.

I called Vincent earlier, and he made it clear that Niall and Louis probably aren't being held at the train station itself—not for long anyway. He said that they'll be put on a train, along with the package and Vincent's missing colleague if he's not fucking dead already.

So now, we're all on a train headed for Phoenix. It's a 4 hour trip. Which is next to no time for a mission like this.

Another obstacle is the other passengers who likely have no idea what is going on. Ideally, we complete everything without anyone else being harmed but it'll be tricky.

I don't know if it's the fact that my best friends lives are at risk, but I just have this gut feeling that I can't shake...that something will happen tonight...or someone will get hurt.

The seven of us are split up aboard the train, in different cars so we can cover more ground. Right now, I'm sitting across from Zayn, acting like we don't know each other.

We have ear pieces in so we can hear each other all over the train, making it easier to communicate.

"You good?" I hear Zayn's voice speak in a whisper from
across from me, snapping me from my thoughts. My eyes snap to him.

Truth is, I'm not. I can't seem to focus. I can't feel confident in what we're about to do. Because along with my reeling thoughts about Niall and Louis, I also have another worry on my mind.

Elaina.

She's in another car with Angela right now. From here, I can't make sure she's safe—and fuck, I'm so anxious about her being safe.

We talked before this. I ended up trying to convince her not to come...even though I knew people would be pissed if she didn't. But she was the one who insisted that she has to help.

I'm so thrown off, because she was never a stranger—she was someone I had to hate. She was someone I shouldn't have wanted to protect. And now, I'm falling in deeper and deeper and this feeling to guard her from all harm is just growing day by day.

So much so that knowing she's on this train is making my leg visibly bounce in anxiety.

"Mhm." I mumble in response to Zayn.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind." he says.

I shake my head. "I just hate that we don't know what we're looking out for."

We have little to no leads. We don't even know if they're on this train.

"We're gonna find them." Zayn tries to say with confidence.

"We'll be lucky to find them. It's a shot in the dark at this poin—"

I'm cut off by an attendant stopping by our seats, in her hands are two teacups. "Can I interest you gentlemen in some herbal tea?"