16

buckle up besties...it all turns around from here.

Elaina Basset

When Harry and I returned from the gallery, I instantly noticed how odd he was acting. Weirder than usual.

The second we returned to his villa, he got on the phone and stepped outside so I couldn't hear the conversation. When he came back inside, I didn't ask him anything despite how curious I was. I knew it would only piss him off.

I had taken a nap for about an hour afterwards, not knowing nor caring what Harry was doing. But, when I did wake up and go downstairs...he wasn't here.

I had realized it was completely empty, and even tried calling out his name, but there was nothing.

In a moment of curiosity, I peeked out the window that overlooked the driveway. His car that he took us to the gallery in wasn't here, but a black heavy-duty SUV was.

I felt my stomach drop when I saw the black vehicle with tinted windows parked at the end of the driveway. If I'm alone and these people are here looking to rob Harry or something, then I'm fucked and these people will hurt me.

However, that anxiety I felt was quickly turned into annoyance once I found a note from Harry that was left on the kitchen counter with messy writing carelessly scribbled onto it.

'went out to get some things. car is just a precaution but don't talk to them.

be back soon.'

I roll my eyes instantly, alone and being fucking monitored.  I don't know why this is necessary...why Zayn and Harry feel like they need to send people to watch me.

It only makes me question more things. Why do I need to be watched. Who am I being protected from?

And what are these guys involved in?

I feel like I've been in the dark ever since I met the guys. No one tells me anything, and bottom line, I'm over it.

Not being able to take out my frustrations right this second, I just exhale a deep and frustrated breath before taking out my phone.

I need to call Angela. She always makes me feel better.

I bring myself over to one of Harry's couches, plopping myself down on the seat with a huff as I click on Angela's contact name for facetime.

It rings for a moment before she picks up and her face appears on the screen. She smiles in greeting.

"Hey!" she says.

"Hi." I smile back, trying to sound as positive as I can.

"Oh no," her face falls, "what's wrong?"

She can always tell.

I shake my head, holding my phone out in front of me. "No, nothing. I just miss you."

She tilts her head and pours her lip slightly. "And I miss you more, baby. But I know there's something up...did Zayn do something?"