46

i've missed u.

Elaina Basset

My mind went silent.

Every nerve, every doubt, every worry--although still ever present otherwise--they vanished for that moment in time, when he kissed me.

His hands on my cheeks, my eyes shut as I feel the tenderness of his lips that I'd only been able to look at and dream about up until this point. This was real.

I thought I wouldn't know what to do with my hands, but they found themselves holding onto his nimble wrists. My thumb grazes against the joint on his left wrist, embracing the feeling of him even if it wasn't in full.

The softness of his lips glide with mine. It was gentle, not sloppy. He kisses me once, taking his time before pulling away--just to feel our lips together at first. When he pulls away, I dread that might be it...but he goes back in.

Again, no messiness to it, he kisses me softly and I kiss him back. He stops for a moment and I feel as though maybe I've done something wrong. But then I feel his lips curl, and I hear the content breath of a small smile leave his mouth before his lips go back to kissing mine.

He was smiling into the kiss. Our first kiss.

For a moment, he picks up the pace only a little bit. My lips part and he kisses my top lip, then my bottom, then together again with a little more force.

I never thought I'd like the taste of cigarettes until I tasted them on you, Dreamboat.

It wasn't overwhelming, but he had been smoking before this so it was obvious as to why that taste was there. It actually mixed well with his cologne. No complaints.

He was so good at kissing, I couldn't believe he had been nervous. Even just this soft, simple first kiss was done like he's kissed me a million times before. What could be something so mindless for him was like a plethora of perfectly engineered movements that at the same time felt so natural from my point of view of him.

Even when the kiss came to an end, the moment didn't. He slowly stopped moving his lips, and pulled back with a gentleness I never would have expected from him a few weeks ago. I open my eyes, at the same time as he opens his. My lips are parted open as his hands stay on my face for a moment more. His thumb rubs my cheekbone, his eyes down at my mouth before flicking up to my eyes.

Seeing his open eyes for the first time after kissing him, I couldn't help but just smile. Closed lips, I grin at him.

What do you say after a first kiss? I barely remember mine with Isaac. I think we had sex after.

Oh fuck. Harry, please say something before I fuck this all up.

I await a response, and he ends up exhaling a small laugh under his breath. Immediately I tilt my head in question, one of his hands still on my face.

"What's funny?" I ask with a smile.

"Nothing funny." he says, his voice soft and quiet. "You just held your breath when I kissed you at first and I thought it was cute."

I roll my eyes, still grinning. "Whatever."

His other hand leaves my face. "Guess I can say I took your breath away."

I shake my head. "Oh my god, you're stupid."

He laughs, teeth shining as he looks at me.

"Should we go in before they get suspicious?" he asks, shifting his eyes to the house.

I forgot there's other people here.

I look to the house as well, nodding. "Probably."

Do I want to go inside and socialize? I don't know. It seems unnatural after everything that went down today. I do appreciate everyone being here, but I don't know if I'm ready for big social confrontation yet.