48

Elaina Basset

Elaina Basset

Williams, Arizona is a tiny but eccentric town.

The buildings are small, the roads are limited, and the cars look like they haven't been updated since the 1950's. The lights are bright and it's colorful, like something out of a coming of age movie.

It's a mosaic, and I'd be lying if my inner and outer artist wasn't reveling.

We got here today, arriving right on time. We landed in a private parkade and then we were all met by colleagues of Vincent.

It's shocking to me that he has people everywhere.

We were then driven into Williams, taken to a house that's tucked behind a grove of trees. While the rest of the town is pretty packed together, this house is more secluded. I guess that's necessary when you're a group of criminals.

The house is big and I get my own room, and that's where I've been trying to calm myself down all day. The job starts tomorrow, we're supposed to find the last place Vincent's man was seen.

The weirdest part of all of this though, is that I'm not even stressed about the mission. I'm stressed about Harry.

I'm stressed about the fact that we've spoken maybe three words to each other since we kissed, stressed that we fucked up, stressed that he hates me again.

I don't know how to talk to him, and what's worse is that I know he doesn't know how to bring it up to me either.

So now, when I catch glimpses of him, I have to pretend like I don't feel anything as a person who feels everything.

As I stand by the window ledge in my bedroom which resides on the third floor of the house, I hear a knock on my door. I turn around, hoping for a certain somebody but not expecting it. When the door opens, I see Angela and Bianca.

"Hi." I furrow my brows.

"Listen." Angela starts right away, "You can say no—"

"Hey, no she can't. We decided that she can't." Bianca cuts her off.

"Say no to what?" I shake my head with confusion.

With a sigh and a glare to Bianca, Angela speaks, "The guys...well, Niall wants to have a little house party, but with just us obviously."

I stand there with a confused look on my face. "Okay?" I'm not sure why this had to be announced to me.

"We just wanted to make sure you're okay with it. I mean you just went through kind of a big event—"

I step forward with a head shake. "No, I don't care. It's fine, I'll join in."

Bianca smirks and Angela's face lights up, obviously satisfied that I gave them the answer they wanted.