59

Elaina Basset

My frozen state completely snaps away when this man at Harry's front door is suddenly grabbed by a seething Harry and pinned against the wall.

I scream, wondering what Harry's next impulsive move is once his forearm is locked over his father's throat and the gun in Harry's hand is pointed at him.

Harry's infuriated, teeth bared and jaw tight as he's right in his father's face.

My first instinct is to jump in and pull Harry away, but I don't do that. I watch in shock but I don't stop him. I know how he feels about his father. And he has every right to feel this way and do whatever he wants.

"How did you find me?" Harry seethes, finger still on the trigger of the gun in a threatening manner.

His father has his hands up, looking back and forth at the gun and at his son. "Son, just let me—"

"How the hell did you find me!" Harry repeats with a raised voice.

"Your sister!" his father panics, I see Harry's face fall once again. "You weren't answering my texts or calls, so I asked Angela where to find you."

Harry looks at his father with shock and hatred. I can feel the fury radiating off of him and the fact that Angela is involved is making it worse.

I stand there, stunned. I know Harry and Angela don't have the best relationship but this seems like a new low to tell their father, whom Harry despises, where he is.

"I told you to never contact me again. And you can go tell your daughter the same thing." Harry speaks out of anger. "Seems like breaking trust runs on your side of the family."

"Put the gun down, Harry." his father speaks.

"I should kill you." Harry mutters back, teeth clenched.

"You won't do that."

"You wanna test that?"

"Harry." I finally speak up. I knew I should've stayed silent but I could see this ending in blood. Harry will act impulsively and then have to later explain to Angela how their father was bleeding out on Harry's hardwood floor.

Harry and his father both look to me. I watch Harry's anger fall for a moment as he realizes I'm watching this whole interaction go down.

I didn't know what else to say, but I just gave him a look. A look that said I understood his feelings but that being violent right now will end badly.

So, he looks back to his father with a swallow of pride, taking his arm away from his throat and bringing the gun down by his side. A look of unadulterated hatred on his face still as he takes a step back.

Harry's father rubs his throat, then looks at me. "Thank you."

I narrow my brows. "I didn't do it for you."

He presses his lips together with raised brows before focusing back on Harry. "I'm guessing she's heard about me."

Harry shakes his head. "Don't even look at her. Why are you here."

"I wanted to see you, Harry, jesus. Is it a crime for a father to want to reconnect with his son?" his eyes flick to me again and he extends his hand out. "My name is Thomas."

Harry grabs Thomas' wrist before I can even react. "Don't."

Thomas lets out a bit of a surprised laugh. "You need to relax. Why don't we go sit—"

"Why? We have nothing to talk about." Harry says, dropping his father's wrist.

"We have plenty to talk about. I haven't seen you in years." Thomas looks Harry up and down like he's taking in his son who was once a little boy.