29

Harry Styles

Friday

"I don't know why you're being such a grump about this. I'm excited."

Niall speaks from the passenger seat of my car, downing a lemonade that he picked up at the gas station. With sunglasses over my eyes, I keep one hand on the wheel and ignore him.

I can feel him glance over me following my silence. He sighs under his breath like a child, drinking his lemonade.

"I bet once we get there, you'll be as excited as me." he says.

"You're not the one that has to fake a marriage tomorrow night, Niall." I murmur, finally answering.

Tomorrow night, Elaina will be posing as my wife. We'll have to act like we love each other and are happily married, as if she doesn't get on my very last nerve. I'd rather do anything else. I could get the fuckin' job done myself—

"Dude, be grateful. Your fake wife is sexy as fuck."

A shifting glare was hidden through my sunglasses—my eyes narrowing as my hand clenches the wheel, but I didn't do it on purpose...it just sort of happened.

I don't know why.

I ignore him again, speeding so we can get this drive over with. We're headed to a private airport where we'll board a jet to head to Sicily. We're all going, all the Monarchs and Elaina.

It's 7:25 in the morning and the jet takes off at 7:30. We'll be late but that doesn't really matter because I know for a fact that plane won't leave without me on it.

We've got the rundown for what's gonna happen. Basically, we have the whole weekend to fuck around like a vacation apart from tomorrow night. We have a penthouse apartment on the top floor of a hotel prepared for us.

That's one of the luxuries of my life. I go do these jobs and I get treated like royalty—free food, drinks, smokes.

Couldn't have it any other way.

The goal tomorrow night is to find out exactly what Alec is doing with these drugs, and who exactly he's handing them
off to. We know he's lacing them, but we don't know why.

I drive my car in through the open gates of the back lot to the private airport. There, a big white jet with a black stripe awaits us with the stairs drawn.

Also waiting for us, was the rest of the group.

Zayn leans against the hood of his car smoking a cigarette with Louis, Liam, and Aldo and Bianca while Angela and Elaina stand a few feet away talking. Once Niall and I pull up, they all look at us.

I park the car carelessly in the middle of the lot, then turn off the engine. A valet in a red suit walks up to my car and takes my keys. With my sunglasses still shielding my eyes from the rising sun, I grab my duffel bag filled with items I'd need for the weekend out of the trunk of my car, Niall grabbing his bags as well.

"You guys are late." Angela acknowledges.

"But we're here." Niall replies with a smile while I stay silent.