4

Elaina Basset

Elaina Basset

"He's a dick! I mean he always has this stupid smug look on his face that makes me want to slap him." I rant about Harry in front of the laptop screen as Angela listens from the other side.

"Why don't you slap him?" she questions as I make my bed.

"Because..." I hesitate, "I'm not that kind of person."

"Or you're scared of him." Angela shrugs with a small smirk upon her lips.

I stand up straight in offence, giving her a sharp glare through the screen from my standing position a few feet away.

"I'm not scared of him. I just can't stand him." I defend.

Harry is intimidating but I don't feel fear towards him. Just discomfort. I don't know what he's about—what kind of person he is. I definitely don't trust him...and I want him out of here.

And I have every right to feel that way.

I don't really trust easily anymore anyway. I used to. I used to be such a giving, open hearted person. I loved to trust, I loved my empathy. But, that was all ripped away from me. I've been stripped of a lot of goodness inside me. I'm not bad, but I'm not the same person that I was.

"Well it's only five more days, right? Can't be that hard." Angela says.

"Easier said than done. I feel judged every time he even just glances at me." I huff.

"Maybe you need to stand your ground. Tell him off and let him know that you were there first." she suggests.

"He'll probably laugh at me." I shake my head.

"Then you slap him." she laughs, making the tone a little more lighthearted.

I called her because I really just needed to vent about how I felt. I had so much. built up frustration from the painting to Harry...it's messing with how I feel.

The timing probably couldn't have been worse, because it's not like I can hold off painting until they're gone. The day they're supposed to leave is the same day that I'm meant to submit my painting in.

No one can understand the stress I'm under, and no one really seems to care either.

Not even Zayn. He's been so busy with the guys.

"Hey, listen." Angela speaks again, "I should probably go...it's getting really late here.."

"Oh yeah, of course. Thank you for talking to me." I force a grateful smile which she returns.

"Oh, and Elaina..." she pauses before hanging up. "I know how hard it is for you to trust...and I know you're trying to work past it...but go with your gut on this one okay?" she says.