45

Harry Styles

Face to face with a handgun, I know I have to be smart about this.

My face doesn't react, I remain calm. I've had a gun pointed at me too many times before to have any sort of nerved physical reaction.

I hear movement behind me too, causing me to look over my shoulder. Sure enough, I see the other friend, Jessie.

I look at him, then back at Finn who was holding the gun. I just let out a small scoff, shaking my head at the absurdity of this situation.

This day already sucked to begin with, I really don't need to top it off with being held at gunpoint by Elaina's fiancé's college friends.

Finn looks nervous, like he's never handled a gun before. He's sweating bullets, looking at me like I'm a ghost but trying to put a brave front up.

He has no idea what he's doing, which only raises my suspicion.

"You need help with that thing?" I speak, acknowledging Finn's unsteadiness.

"Shut up." he fires back.

From his dilated pupils and grinding jaw, I can tell that Finn did a line before this...probably to calm his nerves but ultimately it's just making him jittery. Rookie mistake.

"Shoot him, Finn." Jessie says from behind me.

"I'm not supposed to yet." he seethes.

Dumbass just told me that information out loud.

I don't know what they're waiting for, but I'm using the fact that he cant shoot me right away to my advantage.

I'm keeping in mind that these two are Isaac's groomsmen. If I'm late for the ceremony, they're late too.

"C'mon, Finn. Shoot me, I'm right here." I decide to test him a little to find his limits.

His hand clenches the weapon tightly, his jaw grinding.

"Or are you too scared?" I continue to taunt, tilting my head and even taking a step closer to him and the gun. "Pretty embarrassing to point a gun at someone and not go through with using it, right?"

"I'm gonna use it." he mutters.

"Prove it."

"Don't let him get in your head." Jessie says to Finn.

I keep my eyes forward and smirk, watching Finn's internal battle happen right before my eyes. Next, I turn and look at Jessie, catching his glare toward me.

"Now, I highly doubt that you two have done something like this before." I remark. "So who's putting you up to it?"

Jessie pulls a conniving smile, one that told me I wasn't going to like the answer.

Deep down, I knew. But apart of me was hoping that maybe I was wrong—that maybe it was some other gang that knew about me.

But like I said, I know.

Jessie senses that I've put the pieces together. "He sends his kind regards."

I let a puff of air out through my nose, my thoughts being confirmed. "He can shove his regards up his ass."

I look back at Finn. "How much are you being paid to kill me?"

I know my worth when it comes to this kind of thing. People would pay good money to have me dead, I'm sure Finn and Jessie will be compensated handsomely well.

At my question, even Finn lets out a short breathy laugh, his lips curling as sweat pours down his face.

"Who knew you'd be worth half a million dollars dead."