58

short one but don't skip it. DONT SKIP IT.
i'm watching u.

//

Elaina Basset

I woke up to a rustling noise. I took in a deep breath through my nose as my eyes fluttered open. I noticed that my arm was sprawled out across a bed of black bed sheets, but no one was with me.

I was in Harry's bed at his house, which brought back the memory of last night and how he drove us to his house and not Zayn's.

We couldn't sleep for a while, I actually don't even remember drifting off. He held me close the whole time.

But he's not in bed. I rub my eyes and sit up, the dress shirt he wore last night now on my body. As I sit up, I realize the noise was coming from Harry getting dressed.

He lands eyes on me. "Sorry, I would let you sleep but we have to get back to the villa before they wake up." he states in the knowledge of our secret relationship.

"What time is it?" I rub my face, extremely tired now that I'm sat up.

"Just past six."

I take in a deep breath and yawn, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed. Harry comes over, and I meet eyes with him as he crouches in front of me, hands on my legs.

"I already have the bouncer and the guys from the bar looking for the guy." he tells me.

I breathe in through my nose. "I'm just worried about when he'll stop the stalking act and actually go in for the kill." I state.

"I know." he nods. "But we'll catch him, okay? He's outnumbered."

I try to let his words make me feel comfort. I know he'd do anything to protect me, and I'd do the same for him. That's all we can do for right now.

Right now, we're alive and we're in his room and I'm looking at his deep green eyes as he touches my leg gently.

He stands up, grabbing my face and kissing my forehead. "I'm gonna go make you a coffee." he whispers.

I give him a grateful small smile as he leaves the room. I finally get myself to stand up. I grab a pair of his boxers, slipping them on under the shirt.

My bare feet pat along his hardwood floors as I hear the coffee machine going downstairs. I walk over to his bathroom. The bright light causes me to squint, my hand hovering over my eyes to shield them. As I'm about to reach for the mouthwash, I notice a second toothbrush next to his pink one in the cup that holds them. This second one is a baby blue colour and it's packaged, not yet opened. I tilt my head, grabbing it.

I examine the package, turning it over and seeing a simple 'Elaina' scribbled on the back of it.

He got me a toothbrush for when I stay here?

I let my lips lift and breathe out a small silent laugh. I thought the gesture was really cute.

After my teeth are brushed, I gather my hair and re-pin it into an updo. I can't be bothered to tame it right now. I wipe off my makeup from last night, splashing water onto my face to feel somewhat refreshed.

The smell of fresh coffee fills the house. I head down the stairs, walking into his kitchen. I see him there, back turned to me. He's in grey sweats and a loose white t shirt. His short hair still manages to be a mess of wild curls.

The smell, the sight of him, it felt domestic...and I haven't felt that in a really long time. I know we've been together for all of two days, but I just want him close.