26

Elaina Basset

With my hip now properly bandaged, I find myself following Harry quietly out of the bathroom.

When I told him I wanted to get drunk, I almost expected him to completely reject it. It just came out of my mouth, but his reaction shocked me even more.

He said a simple "Okay, but not downstairs", and then we both got ready to leave the bathroom.

He took on the idea of getting drunk so quickly, maybe that was his plan already but just not with me.

With everything that's happened within these past 48 hours, getting drunk sounds like a good temporary escape—and I know that sounds bad, but once won't kill me.

As Harry holds the neck of a Jack Daniel's whiskey bottle, I follow him down the hall silently. I'm sure at this point the guys are wondering where he is, but I'm just hoping that no one is suspecting anything of us.

He walks over to a door at the end of the hall, and I soon recognize that this is his bedroom door. As he twists the handle, my body freezes.

He opens the door and steps in, but then realizes I've stopped. He looks over his shoulder, his brows furrowing.

"What are you doing?"

"It feels weird to walk into your room like this." I tell him, causing him to blink a few times like I sounded absolutely insane to him.

"I'm inviting you in." he says, still looking at me as if he thought I was the strangest person on the planet.

It felt odd to be going into Harry's room, because he's such a private and closed off person. But, like he said, he's inviting me in...so there's no reason for me to feel weird.

I step inside his room, looking around at the interior. He has a king sized bed with a black headboard and black bedding. He has a desk on the other side of the room but it's empty, cleared of anything on top of it. There's another door in here which I'm assuming leads to his closet. He also has his own bathroom, I can see it because the door is open.

There's a white rug on the floor, it's fluffy and it almost makes me laugh because it's so contrary to who he is.

Harry allows me to walk inside, and then he shuts and locks his door. I look up at the ceiling, gazing at the lighting.

"Stop analyzing my room, Picasso." he says, noticing how I'm looking around.

My eyes land on him and I chuckle under my breath. "I'm admiring. You have good taste."

He hums. "It came like this when I bought it."

He walks over to his bedroom window, opening it up so a slight breeze from outside flows in. As he stands by his window, he looks over at me.

"You scared of heights?" he asks.

I shake my head and walk towards the window, catching on to what he was implying. Peering out the frame, I see the roof that topped the first level of his villa.

He gestures for me to crawl out of the window.

I hesitate for a second, just thinking about whether this is something I really wanna do—get drunk on a roof with Harry.

For all I know, he could easily push me out of this window and kill me.

But, I don't know what it is. Something is telling me that I should go out on this roof with him.

Maybe I'm on some sort of adrenaline high from being attacked, or maybe I'm just insane. God only knows.

I lift my leg up over the window sill and crawl out onto the shingles of the top of his villa. It's so warm out, even with the sun setting—there's no breeze or chill.