31

part 1 of the double update ...

2 chapters, over 21k words. enjoy.

No Perspective

The second Elaina's head came down to rest on Harry's shoulder—two things happened.

Elaina, who was too drunk to even realize what she was doing, felt the spins as she finally shut her eyes. She felt the intoxication swallow her up, and she felt like she was floating but also being pulled into the ground all at once.

She hasn't been this drunk in a while.

Normally, she'd be worried about the state of her well-being come tomorrow morning...but right now she didn't care. She didn't care about anything. She felt emotionless  in the best way possible as her head lay on the shoulder of the boy who confused her.

Harry was barely crossing the sober line tonight, only having one shot and smoking half a small joint while the other guys except for Louis did coke earlier. He was in his full conscious, clear state of mind—and a part of him hated that.

And when his shoulder felt the temple of the red headed girl rest upon it...Harry froze.

For half a second he stopped breathing, his mind racing to process what was happening. His eyes moved to look out the corners, seeing the top of her head. He didn't move, he didn't know if he should. He didn't know if he should say anything.

His lips pressed into a line as he grew a little frustrated. Not with Elaina, but mostly with himself because he had suddenly lost his cool and forgot how to function as a real human being all because of a head on his shoulder.

For fucks sake, it was an action that probably meant nothing to her—he thought. Why was this making his palms sweat? To any other person this would not appear to be a big deal.

But no one besides Elaina has ever used Harry's shoulder to rest on before.

It was odd to him. It was new to him. He was uncomfortable with new things.

He looked across the pool, still unmoving. He spotted Bianca asleep on one of the chairs on the other side of the water. He prayed she stayed asleep—imagine if someone saw this.

The two of them were trapped in this moment in time by a poolside. Elaina was trying to balance whether she was able to keep her mind conscious or just completely blackout—while Harry was balancing whether he hated this, or whether it...wasn't so bad.

Was she even awake? Harry was questioning. If he moved, would he wake her up and turn this into a whole awkward ordeal—which he fucking hated.

So, with strong hesitance and a exhale through his nose, he speaks.

"Picasso?" he says in a whisper, in hopes that he wouldn't wake Bianca up.

No answer. He silently curses.

He nudges his shoulder a bit, gently. "Elaina..." he says her name slightly louder.

Elaina feels the nudge and it causes her to come out of whatever state she was in, opening her eyes and inhaling sharply through her nostrils. She wondered how long she had her eyes closed because time had no value to her right now and she couldn't tell minutes from hours.

Then, she realizes what she's resting her head on as her eyes open. She blinks a few times and lifts her head. Her movements are slow as she feels like she'll topple over.

"Fuck, sorry." she laughs. "I think I passed out."

As she laughs, Harry shushes her quietly.

"Shh." he then points to Bianca.