39

little bit of a short one! but you'll like it :)

Elaina Basset

Dreamboat, I swear I could've strangled you right there.

Harry has pushed the limits, doing the opposite of what he said he'd do. He's purposely overstepped a boundary that I set, and he's enjoying every god damned minute of it too.

Sitting at the table now, Isaac sits next to me while Zayn and Harry sit across the way—with Harry directly in front of me.

I know he's about to pull some antics, and he wants to be able to see my face while he does it.

I need this dinner to go by as quickly as possible.

For the first few minutes of eating, it went rather normally. Harry held back. But that only lasted until Isaac looked at me, extended his arm around the back of my chair as I ate my food nervously, and then placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

And then, I knew it was game over.

My eyes flick to Harry, who leans back in his chair as he chews his food. He saw the whole thing.

He clears his throat and leans forward.

"Elaina." he says, "Could you pass me the salt?"

My jaw tightens as I look from him to the salt that stood on the table closer to my plate. I inhale, trying to cover up any reaction.

Without saying anything, I grab the salt bottle and lift it off the table to pass over to him.

As he receives it, his fingers brush over mine. His index finger rubs over my knuckles before he takes the salt shaker in his hand. It was a very subtle movement, but if my jealous fiancé is watching, then it's really not subtle at all.

The corner of his mouth lifts. "Thanks, Picasso."

I clear my throat and nod. "Mhm."

I didn't have to question if Isaac had noticed, because his hand that was around my chair comes down to my opposite shoulder, making sure that I'm close and that Harry can see it.

Harry salts his food, sniffing and fluffing his nose as he peers at my hand which is holding my fork.

His eyes remain there before he puts the salt shaker down.

He's gonna make a fucking comment about—

"You know, when people get engaged, there's usually a ring involved, no?"

Yup. There it is.

My eyes widen toward him. If I could scream at him to shut the fuck up, I would.

I open my mouth to change the subject but before I know it, Isaac is speaking as he squeezes my shoulder.

"There is a ring." he states, then looks at me. "She just doesn't want to misplace it...she's a little clumsy. Would be easy for her to lose something small."

I fake a chuckle, then glance up at Harry.

He's squinting, eyes narrowed—but he lets his lips lift into a very small grin. Not an amused one. A fake one.

"Small, I'm sure." he remarks, and my brows raise yet again.

In need for him to shut up, I shove at his leg under the table with my foot and give him a look. He doesn't react to this with anything but a small smirk.

I peer at Zayn, who's trying to hide his reactions by eating his dinner and using his finger to cover his lips while he chews, but I can tell that he's amused.