A unexpected turn

Y/n's pov:

You made your way to your wife.

"Hey, thanks for waiting." You said.

Dami looked up and you could see, that she was mad. Never had you seen her like this. She never got angry and there was always a soft smile on her face but that had changed. In her eyes, you could read anger and concern.

"How could you volunteer for such a dangerous plan." She asked.

In her voice swung a tone of sadness and betrayal. You looked at her surprised and you didn't know what to say. It seemed that she cared for you a lot and you didn't know until now.

"Uhm. I'm-." You started but Dami cut you off.

"Did you even think just for a second about the risk, or what could happen? Well, I don't think you did." Dami said.

"Why do you even care? If I get hurt it's my problem, not yours." You replied calmly.

Dami just let out a scoff and stood up. She looked you straight in the eyes. You could see the tears build up in them.

"Looks like, that you don't need me then." She said and turned around and left you alone in the giant entrance hall.

"She care for me? I'm an idiot of course she cares for me otherwise she wouldn't cry. Why didn't I think about her feelings? Why did I make her feel left out? Why am I so fucking stupid? She must think that I don't care about her at all. Fuck. I need to apologize." Your mind was racing.

You ran after her, but her car was already gone.

"Shit." You cursed.

You jumped in your car and drove as fast as possible home, in the hope that she would be there.

"She was just worried. Why did I say such stupid things." You mumbled to yourself while driving.

You reached your home. Dami just got out of her car and walked towards the house.Her eyes were red from crying and a few tears were still rolling down her cheeks. As fast as possible you jumped out of your car and ran after her.

"Dami, wait." You yelled, but she didn't stop.

You got close enough to her and grabbed her wrist, to stop her from walking away from you but she didn't turn around.

"Dami, I'm sorry. I didn't think about what I said. I understand that you are worried and you have all the right to be mad at me because of my words." You apologized.

"It's not about what you said." She replied.

Her voice was just a whisper.

"What is it about, then?" You asked.

The pain in her voice made you tear up. You didn't want to make her sad or to make her think that you didn't value her opinion. She meant the world to you but you were too afraid to make the next step.

"It's because of that stupid plan. It's because you agreed without asking what I might be thinking about it. I'm scared that something could happen to you." She explained, still not facing you.

"I'm sorry that I walked into this without talking to you first, but you know I scared one of those creatures away by just growling a little. I'm stronger than you expect, so why do you worry?" You asked her with a quiet voice.

The Vampire girl stood silent for a long time. You let go of her wrist and tears started to fall from your eyes. To know that you hurt her made you feel miserable. Dami let out a sigh and suddenly turned around. Her eyes locked with yours. One of her hands reached out to grab your face while the other grabbed your waist to pull you closer. Her mouth crashed into yours and her lips started to move gently against yours. Of course, you were surprised but instinctively you grabbed her face with both of your hands so you could keep her close. The kiss was a little bit clumsy at the beginning, but soon the two of you found your rhythm. The Vampire girl pulled you into a tender embrace as your lips danced with each other. After some time, Dami pulled away, because she needed some air and rested her forehead against yours. Her eyes were still closed and her cheeks were red from the kiss.