Doppelgänger

Earlier:

Dami's pov:

It was late afternoon and Dami enjoyed reading her book. It was a new one. Y/n had gotten it for her just a few days ago.

"It's so sweet of her to buy me stuff like this." Dami thought.

She liked the little gifts Y/n gave her. Sometimes it was a book, sometimes it was a plant and sometimes it was something cute like a little panda made out of glass. Dami noticed that Y/n always gave her panda-themed things like plushies or stuff with a panda on it. The Vampire girl was the proud owner of a panda hoodie and oversized panda shirts.

"She must be home soon." Dami thought when her phone buzzed.

She wanted to grab it, but at the same time, the front door opened.

"I'm home, baby." She heard the voice of Y/n.

Dami left her phone on the couch table and ran to the front door. She took her wife in a thigh hug.

"I missed you," Dami said.

"I missed you too," Y/n replied.

They stood there for a while and Dami waited for the kiss under her ear, but it didn't come.

"Well, that is odd." The Vampire girl thought.

Y/n let go of her and had a sweet smile on her face.

"I have a surprise for you." She said.

"Really? What is it?" Dami asked.

"Why don't you come upstairs and see for yourself?" Y/n asked back.

"Ahh, it's "that" kind of surprise." The Vampire girl wiggled with her eyebrows.

Y/n winked at her and kicked off her shoes.

"Why don't you already go ahead, I will grab my phone in the living room, and then I will join you," Dami suggested.

"Alright." Y/n agreed.

Dami turned around and walked back to the living room.

"Why don't she give me the usual kiss? Maybe she just forgot about it. She has a lot of stress lately." Dami thought sadly. 

The display of her phone lit up as she wanted to grab it and she saw the notification. It was from Y/n.

"Why did she send me a message right before she came home?" Dami whispered as she opened the said message.

Puppy: Hey baby, I will visit my grandfather after work. I think it will take long, so don't wait for me. Love you.

"What the hell." She said confused.

"Is everything alright?" Y/n's smooth voice interrupted her thinking and it made her jump.

"Yeah, I'm just-" She started, but suddenly realized.

"That is not Y/n. She would never forget to give me the kiss and she wrote she would be home late." Dami thought.

On the inside, she panicked, but on the outside, she stayed calm.

"Just a message from Sua. You know how she is." Dami lied.

"Yes. Come on let's go." Y/n said.

"Her behavior is just like Y/ns, but this can't be her. I have to take a final test to be one hundred percent sure." Dami thought and put her phone in her pocket.

"Can you give me a hug before we go upstairs?" Dami asked and made her best puppy dog eyes.

"Sure." Y/n chuckled.