Stress and fear

Y/n's pov:

You witnessed the look Handong shared with her girlfriend and wondered what it was about but it was not your business.

"Okay everyone, I will go and get the blueprint with Yoohyeon and Jiu. Handong and Felix should take a look at this abandoned school together." You said.

"I will join them." Sua and Gahyeon said at the same time.

"Good, we should make my house our base for this mission and come back after we are finished so we can discuss and initiate phase two." You explained.

Everyone nodded and you stood up. It took all of the power you had in your body. You never had felt this weak.

"Are you sure you want to leave the house?" Jiu asked concerned because she probably noticed how you struggled to keep standing.

"She is right. You should go to bed and rest." Sua pointed out and grabbed your arm to support you.

"I can't. I have to do something otherwise I will just think about Dami and I don't want to cry my heart out again." You thought.

You wanted to say something but a coughing fit interrupted you.

"See? You need to rest. Yoohyeon and I got this." Jiu assured you.

You gave in and nodded.

"Gahyeon can stay here and look after you," Handong suggested and looked at the black-haired girl.

"No, I will come with you," Gahyeon replied and shot an angry glance at Handong.

"But someone has to stay here and take care of Y/n." The blonde girl pointed out.

"I will do that. I'm her best friend and it is my duty to help her out." Sua smiled.

"Good, Sua stays with me and you go to the government building. The blueprints should be on public view." You told Jiu and Yoohyeon.

Both Vampires nodded and left shortly after. Handong and her group also wanted to leave but it seemed that Handong hesitated.

"Can I talk with you alone for a moment? You asked the blonde girl.

Handong nodded.

"We will wait outside," Sua said, grabbed Felix's arm and dragged him outside. 

Gahyeon followed them shortly. Meanwhile, Handong avoided eye contact. You didn't know why she suddenly hesitated. She never did it before but you knew it must have something to do with Gahyeon.

"What is going on? Why do you want to make decisions for Gahyeon?" You asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." The Blonde girl said and wanted to walk away but you grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Handong wait." You demanded. "I know something is going on between the two of you. Maybe I can give you some advice." 

Her gaze was still fixed on the floor as a sigh left her mouth.

"I want to protect her," Handong admitted.

"And?" You asked.

"If we go public with our relationship I fear that something similar can happen to us as it did to you and Dami. I just want her to be safe but why can't she see it? She jumps right into danger and there is nothing I can do to stop her." The blonde girl finally admitted.

"I see but don't you think pushing her to obey you is the wrong thing? She is a very independent woman from all I can see. Maybe you want to protect her is something she is not used to. She probably thinks you want to control her and keeping a relationship a secret is not good for the both of you." You suggested.