Fear and guilt

A week later:

Y/n's pov:

You woke up in the middle of the night because something had kicked you hard in the leg. Immediately you realized that it was your wife. Her body was shaking next to you and you could hear her mumble phrases. Your hand slipped into hers. Cold sweat covered her body as you moved closer to her. Dami's breathing was fast and the words she mumbled got louder.

"No. Y/n." She said.

"I'm here, baby." You whispered in her ear.

Suddenly her whole body started to shake like she had a seizure. Her breathing got even faster as her hand tightened around yours. Your efforts were not working. Usually, it was enough to hold her hand and whisper soft-spoken words in her ear but this time it was worse.

"Y/n come back. Don't leave me." Dami pleaded while tears streamed down her face.

"I'm here. Wake up." You said and sat up.

You shocked her body lightly in the hope she would open her eyes but she didn't.  Her body was tossing and turning. She started to sweat even more as she screamed your name.

"YUBIN." You yelled and sat on top of her to make her body stop moving.

For the first time, you noticed that her body felt warm. It never happened before. The familiar cold was gone.

"What the fuck is going on?" You thought and got scared.

You needed her to wake up as fast as possible. Something was wrong with her.

"Open your eyes." You said and violently shocked her body but nothing happened.

She was still breathing fast. There was nothing you could do to make her open her eyes so you did the only thing that came to your mind. A loud slap could be heard as your hand made contact with her face. You were surprised about the thing you just did but it worked. Dami's eyes shot open. She bolted up and made your bodies collide. The impact was so strong it made you fall back to the bed. Her hands wrapped around your wrist and pinned them down above your head. A threatening growl could be heard from her. Her grip around your wrist was so tight it made your eyes water. That was the moment you noticed her eye color. They were pitch black.

"Baby, it's me. Your wife." You said calmly while your heart beat fast.

You knew that she was in Bloodrage and any wrong word could be fatal right now. Dami moved closer to inspect your face. Her hot breath fanned against your skin as she turned her head a little to the side and started to sniff on your neck.

"Y/n?" She asked and slowly pulled back.

She looked confused as she checked her surroundings. It seemed that your room was safe enough for her and she started to calm down.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do that." Dami apologized as tears built up in her eyes.

You could see that they were still black but they were filled with fear and guilt.

"It's okay. You were dreaming again and I slapped you to wake you up." You explained and Dami let go of your wrists.

Your wife moved away from you as far as possible and hugged her knees. She avoided eye contact at all costs.

"You were also screaming. I could feel your panic in my chest and just wanted you to wake up. Nothing worked so I slapped you." You whispered. "I'm sorry."

Dami laid her forehead on her arms and started to cry. Her sobs filled the otherwise quiet room.

"Hey, hey, hey I'm sorry. I didn't want to do that." You moved closer to her and hugged her. "I promise to never slap you again."