The need to talk

Gahyeon's pov:

She arrived at Dami's and Y/n's house and parked her car next to Handong's. Happily, she made her way to the barn and opened the big wooden door. A few other people were already inside. Gahyeon looked out for the blonde Werewolf and found her staying in a corner a little distant from everyone else. The shadow covered her silhouette as Gahyeon approached her.

"It's just Handong. Calm down." The black-haired girl told herself.

"Hey." She greeted the other girl.

Handong looked up and met her gaze. Her face didn't show any expression or emotion. It was plain as always as she gave Gahyeon a quick nod.

"What's up?" Handong asked and leaned on the wooden pillar next to her as she crossed her arms before her chest.

"Not much to be honest," Gahyeon admitted.

The two girls chatted a little, while the hall filled with more people. The only ones missing were Dami and her wife.

"Why are they late? They are never late." Handong pointed out.

"You are right. I know that Dami hates to be late." Gahyeon agreed and looked at the closed barn gate in concern.

Y/n's pov:

For the past half an hour you wanted to talk Dami out of going to the practice, but she insisted. It was clear that she still struggled with the incident and you didn't want her to feel pressured to join you.

"But I think it would be better if you would skip it." You tried to argue with her.

She already wore her workout outfit and looked at you intensely. The dark circles under her eyes told you that she hadn't slept the last night. It hurt you to see her like this.

"And I told you that I want to go. I need this to get my mind off things." Dami replied.

Her tone was calm and you understood why she wanted to attend, but you were concerned about the Bloodrage.

"What if she falls into Bloodrage while we are practicing with the others? Will I be able to calm her down like last time?" You asked yourself.

"I think it would be better if-" You started.

"You can't talk me out of this." Your wife interrupted you.

You saw that she was serious about it and probably wouldn't change her mind.

"Very well." You finally gave in.

"I know that you are concerned about the Bloodrage, but I feel a lot better now, plus my fangs are gone." She tried to assure you and showed you her perfect teeth.

The fangs had disappeared this morning and you were glad about it. They had made Dami feel insecure, but something else was still bothering her and you wanted to help her.

"Then tell me why you couldn't sleep last night." You wanted her to tell the truth.

You had asked her over and over today, but she always avoided a clear answer.

"I already told you I had a nightmare." Dami smiled and wrapped her arms around you.

You knew it was a lie, but you didn't want to make her feel pressured to tell you. Slowly you hugged her back and placed a kiss under her ear. It made you sad that she didn't trust you with this.

"Let's go. The others are probably waiting." You pointed out and tried to hide your sadness as you pulled back.

Dami's lie wasn't the only thing that made you sad. You had thought about the words, she said back under the oak tree a lot. It bothered you and you wanted to talk about it so badly, but Dami didn't seem to be in the mood for talking.