Sadness and cuddles

Y/ns pov:

This time you were awake before Dami. You opened your eyes and were surprised to find her in your arms.

"Did she come to my bed last night?" You thought.

You didn't remember that she woke you up in the middle of the night. Dami was laying on her side. Her back was facing you. You leaned closer to her and breathed in her scent. 

"She smells so good. How can she smell so good?"  You thought.

Dami turned around in her sleep and was now facing you. Her arm was wrapped around your waist. You looked at her face and absorbed every detail.

"Now I can understand why you always look at me while I'm sleeping." You whispered and touched her face with your fingers.

You put a loose strain of hair behind her ear and rested your hand on her waist. 

Dami was still fast asleep. You closed your eyes again and listened to her breath. After a while, the other girl started to move  closer to you. She pressed a kiss to your temple and you opened your eyes.

"Morning panda girl." You greeted her.

"Hey," Dami replied with a soft voice.

"You must've been tired. You never sleep this long." You pointed out.

Dami took a quick look at her wristwatch and jolted up from her position. The look on her face told you that she was surprised.

"What? Why didn't you wake me up?" She pouted, as her gaze met yours.

"I thought you needed the sleep." You replied innocently. "Plus you looked too cute, while you were sleeping." You added.

A smile crossed Dami's face, as she lay back down.

"Let us cuddle for a few more minutes." She said, as she grabbed your arm and wrapped it around her body.

"Don't you have to work?" You chuckled.

"That can wait." The other girl explained.

She snuggled her face into your neck.

"Did you find something yesterday?" You asked.

"Unfortunately not," Dami replied.

"Oh." You said.

The sudden sadness you felt was dragging you down.

"Damn it. I feel so helpless against these creatures." You thought.

 You glanced at the ceiling, as you started to caress her back. Dami let out a heavy breath.

"Should I stop?" You whispered.

"No, It gives me comfort," Dami replied as she kissed your neck.

You lay there for a few minutes, as your hand traced up and down the other girl's back. Suddenly Dami got up from her position to face you. You were a little confused at her sudden action and frowned your brows.

"Can I see your ring again?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." You replied.

You were a bit curious, but pulled the ring off your finger and handed it to her. Dami pulled her phone out and grabbed the ring, as she sat up. You watched her, as she looked at her phone and then at your ring.

"Is something wrong with it?" You asked and slipped closer to her, so you could also look at her phone.

On the screen was a big wooden door. It had some carvings on it and you knew you saw them somewhere before.