What's next?

Dami's pov:

Holding her wife gave her strength. Y/n's warm body helped to make the pain in her heart go away but after a few more minutes her wife pulled back. She propped up on her elbows again and looked down at Dami. Her clear eyes showed everything Dami needed to know. They held love and empathy in them and as soon as Y/n's fingers touched Dami's cheek she felt the familiar feeling of being safe and loved in her whole body.

"You should put some salve on your wound. I know they hurt." Y/n mumbled before she placed a swift kiss on Dami's lips.

"I will if you promise to take a nap. You are tired from all the pain and stress back in the cathedral." Dami replied.

Y/n nodded and moved away so Dami could stand up. The Vampire girl grabbed her underwear and put it on before she left the room to get to the bathroom. Her parents always had some salve around just in case and Dami was glad they did. The pain seemed to burn through Dami's feet and belly and the salve would help get rid of that. The Vampire girl grabbed the small container in the cabinet under the sink and stood up. For a small moment, she could see the wounds on her belly. They looked nasty.

"How was Y/n not disgusted by this while we had sex?" Dami asked herself and walked back to her room.

Her wife was still laying in bed but she had put on her underwear. As soon as Y/n noticed that Dami was back she sat up.

"Can I help you with that?" She asked with a soft smile on her face.

"I would like to do it myself," Dami replied and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Her back was facing toward her wife but soon some warm arms wrapped around Dami's shoulders and pulled her back.

"Let me help you." Y/n whispered into Dami's ear before she placed a kiss right under it.

The Werewolf girl grabbed the salve from Dami's hand but the Vampire girl didn't move a single muscle.

"Come on. Lay down." Y/n said and pulled gently on Dami's shoulders. "I promise to be careful."

The red-haired girl sighed and lay down comfortably on her back. Y/n immediately sat down on her thighs as she opened the container. Before Y/n used her fingers to get some salve out of it she took a sniff.

"Smells weird." Y/n pointed out and raised an eyebrow.

"At least you don't have to put it on your body," Dami replied as she closed her eyes.

She knew that the salve will burn on her skin for a moment until the healing and pain-reducing effect kicked in.

"Are you ready?" Y/n asked and Dami nodded.

Soon the Vampire girl felt Y/n's hand on her belly. She used her fingers to massage the salve in. The touch was painful and Dami couldn't hold back a tiny hiss.

"I'm sorry." Y/n immediately apologized as she pulled her hand back.

"It's okay, baby. Just continue." Dami mumbled and focused on Y/n's touch instead of the pain.

"Dami? I have a question." Y/n suddenly said as her fingers smoothly moved over Dami's skin.

"Go on," Dami replied.

"Okay, Uhm- Why did you don't turn into ash? I mean you were in the sun for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your injuries are not worse, but the sun should have damaged you more. Why did you survive and your father didn't?" Y/n asked with a low voice.

Dami opened her eyes again to watch Y/n put on more salve on her belly. The Werewolf girl was focused on her doing and didn't notice her wife's gaze.

"It's because of you," Dami replied.