Hopeless

Dami's pov:

All of the Werewolves came back only Y/n and her team was still out there. The weather got worse by the minute and it worried the Vampire girl.

"Please be safe." Dami prayed.

She had noticed that Y/n wasn't in her best condition before she left. There was tiredness in Y/n's eyes and her body temperature was a little bit higher than usual. A sign that she could be sick but Dami was not sure. She never had to deal with the flu or other sickness so she didn't know what it looked like. Maybe she was imagining things because she was so worried about her father.  Right now, Siyeon and Junkook were handing out warm food while the Vampire girl offered blankets and dry t-shirts to the Werewolves. Some of them were soaking wet but others had rainproof coats. Dami felt so grateful. They volunteered to help her even though they probably had other things to do. The time slowly passed by while the Vampire girl was waiting for her wife. Most of the Werewolves were already on their way home. The world outside had turned dark and there was no reason to continue the search.

"You should also eat something." A soft voice interrupted her thoughts.

Dami turned around and met the kind smile of Junkook. He handed her a plate and gestured to the table for her to sit down. 

"Thank you," Dami mumbled and took a seat.

She was not hungry because all she could think of was her father and how the Skugga probably tortured him. It made her sick plus she worried about her wife's well-being. Dami could feel the stress Y/n was currently in. After Dami took a few bites of her food the front door suddenly opened. Two figures stepped in. One of them wore a red rain-proof coat and the other one a black jacket. Siyeon immediately rushed to the smaller one and hugged her tightly.

"Wow, easy baby." Sua chuckled. "Your clothes will get wet." 

"I don't care. I was so worried." The taller woman mumbled and hid her face in Sua's neck.

It was adorable to look at the cute couple but Dami noticed someone was missing. Her heart sunk to her knees as fear took over her body.

"W-where i-is Y-Y/n?" Dami stuttered as she stood up.

Handong took off her jacket and hung it on the coat rack. Her blonde her was completely soaked but her shirt was dry. 

"She wanted to investigate one last location," Handong explained.

"Is she safe?" Dami wanted to know.

"As save as one can be out in this miserable storm." The blonde girl replied and looked around the entrance hall.

Her gaze finally landed on the person she looked for and she slowly walked over to her. Dami watched as Handong crouched down in front of sleeping Gahyeon. The black-haired girl fell asleep a while ago and Dami thought it was best to let her take a nap while waiting. Handong brushed a few loose stains of hair out of her girlfriend's face and caressed her cheek. It made Dami miss her wife.

"Where are you, my baby?" Dami thought and prayed for her wife to come back soon.

Y/n's pov:

Your body shivered as you walked over the tiles of the floor. Water dripped down your clothes. You were soaked to your bones. The church was empty. A few candles illuminated your path as your steps echoed through the room.

"What should I do? I can't find my wife's father. She will be so disappointed." You mumbled and sat down on one of the benches.

Your side hurt more with every second. A stinging pain waved through your body whenever you coughed. It was depressing. Now that your mental health finally got better after years of suffering your body thought it would be a good moment to get sick and now self-doubt troubled you as well. You felt so insecure and lost like no one understood you. Not even your wife.