The sweet sound

Y/n's pov:

You slowly walked to your mother's side. Her face looked pale and you could see her cheekbones.

"She lost so much weight." You thought sadly and tried to remember how she looked before the sickness.

The sight made your heartache. Tears rolled down your face, as you sat down on the chair next to her. Dami placed herself behind you and laid her hand on your shoulder. You were glad that she was here to support you.

"Hey, mom." You said in a weak tone.

Your mom slowly opened her eyes. The friendly spark was still glowing in them like it always had.

"Y/n. I'm glad you came to say goodbye." Your mother said and gave you a weak smile.

Her voice was just above a whisper, but thanks to your wolf senses you could hear her perfectly.

"Me too." You replied and took her hand.

"I see that your wife came as well." Your mother chuckled.

"Hi, Mrs. Y/l/n," Dami said shyly.

"It's good to see you. I'm glad to spend my last moments with family." Your mother replied and looked directly at your wife.

It made you happy that your mother considered Dami as family, but the fact that you were sitting next to your dying mother dragged your mood down.

"Last moments." You repeated her words. "I don't want you to go." You sniffed.

"I know. My beautiful daughter. You need to let me go. My time will soon be over." Your mother pointed out.

Her voice was cracky and you knew it took her a lot of strength to talk. You couldn't look longer at her and turned your face away. Dami squeezed your shoulder lightly to let you know that she was here for you. 

"Your father told me that you will be the next Alpha. I couldn't be more proud." Your mother whispered.

Your head snapped back and you looked her deep in the eyes while big tears rolled down your face.

"I'm n-not ready for s-such a huge res-responsibility. I-I don't k-know how to do that without you." You admitted.

"I will always watch over you from the afterlife, plus you are not alone. You have your wife your father and your friends and I assume your grandfather would love to help you with your new responsibility." Your mother gave you a comforting smile.

"She is right. You are not alone." Dami whispered in your ear and kissed your cheek after it.

"Listen to your wife. She is really smart." Your mother chuckled.

You nodded and smiled a little.

"I will always remember the day when we went to the park for the first time. You were still so little. You should have seen her Yubin, she was so cute in her little dress." Your mother smiled.

"I bet she was an adorable child." Dami agreed.

"I don't remember that day." You said sadly.

"You were only two years old. She had just learned how to walk and it was so adorable how she stumbled around the flower fields." Your mother explained.

"I can imagine how she did that." Dami chuckled.

You turned red and pouted.

"We have really good memories together." You smiled at your mother. "The park we have always been to and the piano lessons you gave me. I still remember how you gave me a death glare whenever I messed up." You said.