Sunlight

Dami's pov:

The fear in her chest increased with every second that passed. Y/n got attacked while her father still covered her with his coat. Dami could smell the burning flesh and tears filled her eyes. Her father was about to sacrifice his life for her.

"Dad, you need to stop. Please go to the shade." Dami begged.

"I will not let you burn." Her father replied.

"Leave the coat here and go." Dami tried to reason with him again.

"They would only take it away from you. I can't let that happen." Mr. Lee pointed out.

Dami could hear the pain in his voice and prayed that Y/n would come back soon.

Y/n's pov:

You ran back to your wife. There was no dagger you could use so you transformed one of your hands and used your claws to cut the rope. Sweat rolled over your face while your lungs burned in your chest. You could taste bile in your mouth while you tried to not throw up. Your body had reached its limits and you needed to force yourself to move. The rope was almost cut through when one of the Skugga tackled Mr. Lee. He let go of the coat in the process but it still covered Dami's body.

"I'm almost done." You mumbled and finally, Dami was released from the rope.

She wanted to get up but you stopped her. 

"Wait. We need to cover you." You said and grabbed the coat.

You wrapped it around her and looked around. The room was still filled with chaos but no one paid attention to you as you guided Dami to the shade. You made her sit down by a wall. 

"Where is my father?" Dami asked once her head wasn't covered anymore.

"I don't know." You replied and checked if she was fine. 

Everything that counted was that she was alive. You ignored the sounds around you as you examined your wife's belly. Her skin was singed and the flesh under it was damaged but you figured it would heal.

"Y/n, my dad needs help," Dami said, making you look at her by lifting your chin with her hand.

In her eyes, you could see the fear. She was scared to lose her father.

"I-" You started

"Help him, please. He is injured and the sun spreads with every second we waste." Dami pleaded.

Big tears rolled down her face as she looked deep into your eyes. You cupped her cheek and used your thumb to brush the tears away from her face.

Dami's pov:

Dami didn't want to ask Y/n to do this. The Werewolf girl was in a bad condition and sending her out to fight wasn't the best idea. Dami knew that but the Werewolf girl was the only one that could save Dami's father. The golden shimmer in her wife's eyes was gone and the normal color was back. Y/n looked so tired. Her face was swollen from all the slaps and hits she took. Cuts covered her body and Dami was sure the Werewolf girl was about to collapse but to her surprise Y/n stood up.

"Wait here," Y/n said as she looked around. "I will bring him to you."

Without another word, Y/n turned into her wolf form and ran away while limping heavily.

"Be careful, my baby." Dami thought as she watched her wife disappear in the tumult.

Mr. Lee's pov:

This bastard just didn't want to let him go but that was not the worst. He lost most of his protective clothes and now the sun was burning his skin. His arms were already full of wounds and now the left side of his face started to burn too.