Look inside my heart

Y/n's pov:

You had promised to stay at Sua's side while Siyeon worked on the antidote. The small girl looked like a statue. Only her chest moved a little when she breathed but that was only the case once in a minute. Her heart frequency was lower than Dami's as well as her body temperature.

"What am I supposed to do? I need to protect you all and the only way to do that is when I become the Alpha but I'm so scared." You told your sleeping friend. "I know that Dami can feel it. She doesn't want me to do it but it is the only way. She only wants to protect me too but her well-being is my first priority and if I'm only able to protect her while becoming the Alpha I will do it."

You stood up from the chair you were sitting in and walked over to the window. It had started to rain and mist covered the city.  Was it the right decision? Was becoming the Alpha the only way? You were not sure. Maybe Dami could help you but she wasn't completely neutral about that topic. Not anymore. You thought About a way to talk to your wife when suddenly some arms wrapped around you from behind.

"We need to talk," Dami whispered in your ear.

"Yes," You sighed. "Why don't you want me to do it?"

"I'm scared that you do it because of the wrong reasons. I know that you feel helpless and anxious. You want a change but is that the right way, darling?" Dami said while hugging you tight. "You were always so scared to be the Alpha and I can feel that you still are. Maybe you should wait and think about that decision. It will be a huge step."

"I don't know what else I can do. We need to finally get rid of the Skugga before they kill more of our people and destroy our residences." You replied.

"If you really want it then I will not stand in your way. I will support you as well as I can." Your wife mumbled and kissed your cheek. "I love you and I want to be part of your future."

"I love you too." You turned around in her arms to face her and were surprised to see the tears streaming down her face.

Dami slowly let go of you and you suddenly realized what the issue was. You could feel the insecurity and fear in her eyes.

"She thinks that she will lose me if I become the Alpha." You thought.

"Oh, baby," You whispered and pulled her closer. "I will be always at your side for the rest of my life. I promise that nothing will tear us apart."

You held her until she stopped crying and once you faced her again she grabbed your cheek and leaned in. Her lips pressed against yours as a warm feeling filled your chest. It made you feel strong and weak at the same time and you knew Dami was the only one that could make you feel that way. She was your biggest strength and as long as she was at your side you didn't need the Alpha title to be strong. All you needed was her love and support.

"I will think about it." You promised after her lips parted from yours.

"However you decide I will stay at your side." Your wife smiled.

A few hours later:

Siyeon's pov:

Sweat rolled down her face as she mixed another ingredient into the antidote. It was almost finished. Soon Sua would be healed and then the Alpha could wake her up again. Y/n's plan was risky and there was still a potential that Sua wouldn't wake up but Siyeon banned that thought from her mind.

"She promised. She will come back to me." Siyeon thought.

Her hands were shaking and sweat covered her entire body. It was up to her if the antidote would work or not. Siyeon worked well under pressure but this was something completely different. If she failed, her wife would die. It took her another two hours to finish the medicine and once she was done a huge stone fell from her heart. Without wasting time she ran to Sua's room. The door was closed but that didn't hinder her from getting in. As soon as Siyeon stepped inside Y/n shot up from her seat. She had sat next to her wife in some uncomfortable-looking chairs. They were placed by the wall next to the window. Y/n was still holding Dami's hand but didn't dare to say anything.