Bad news

Y/n's pov:

Although you said that she should leave, you heard her footsteps coming closer. You hugged your knees a little tighter. The memory of last night was still in your head and the panic didn't want to leave. You were terrified.

"I'm not going anywhere without you." You heard your wife say.

She made a few quick steps and crouched down in front of you. Her brown orbs scanned your face. She must've noticed your red eyes, as she reached out for you. Her finger brushed over your cheek.

"What happened?" She whispered.

You could no longer look into her eyes and started to cry.

"Your face is not as warm as usual. Were you here the whole night?" Dami said a little concerned. 

 You nodded slowly. She took off her coat and wrapped it around your shoulders. Your wife was not wrong. It was freezing last night, but you were not able to go home. You had various panic attacks during the night and didn't want your wife to see you like this.

"Talk to me." The Vampire girl pleaded.

You could feel that she was sacred. 

"A-after what happened in the library, I wanted to talk to my g-grandfather. He listened to what I experienced earlier and a-after that he s-said that I'm not only the chosen one. He said that I will be the next Alpha too." You sniffed.

Dami's pov:

She was completely taken aback. 

"It must be hard for her to accept that. I know she struggles with so much responsibility." Dami thought.

The Vampire girl just wanted to help her wife. She wanted her to be happy again and not scared and depressed.

"Wow baby, that is good." Dami cheered but noticed the scared look in Y/n's eyes. "Or is it not?" She added a little bit more concern.

"How can I lead, when I'm not even capable of controlling my own emotions? Being the Alpha will be a huge task. Everyone will come to me when they need help. How will I be able to help them when I can't even help myself?" Y/n replied tears threatening to fall again.

"You will be fine." Dami tried to help.

"No, I'm not. I don't even know what the Alpha is doing. I will never be able to handle that." Y/n started to panic.

The Vampire girl had seen this before. Y/n's hands started to shake and her breathing got faster.

"She is having a panic attack." Dami thought. 

She searched in her mind about what she had read about panic attacks and how to help someone who experienced one.

"Hey, hey, hey puppy. Look at me." The Vampire girl said and took both of Y/n's shaking hands.

Y/n slowly looked up but didn't make eye contact. Her breathing was fast and in her eyes was a terrified look.

"Close your eyes. Breathe with me." Dami said in a soft tone. "Come on. In and out."

Y/n followed her breathing and after some time, her hands slowly stopped shaking. Dami could still feel that Y/n was in panic mode.

"Tell me what you hear." The Vampire girl said.

"I-I hear t-the wind b-b-brushing through the grass," Y/n replied in a weak tone.

"What else?" Dami asked.

She needed Y/n to think about something else to calm her down.

"The n-nearby river." The Werewolf girl's voice got a little stronger. " If I concentrate realy hard, I can even hear your heartbeat."