Chapter Three (edited)

3

Big Zo stood in the kitchen doorway watching Deedy sing along to the music that was playing on her phone as she prepared lunch for the kids when they got home from school.

He smiled watching her sing and dance oblivious that he was watching her . Things between the two of them had been going great for a while and while most of his family and friends thought he was a fool for giving her another chance for the hundredth time he was happy .

He still had his guard up with her because she was known for changing her ways for a little while and then go back to her old ways but this was the longest she'd been around .

She turned around and jumped when she saw him standing there . " Why you just standing there not saying nothing ? " she asked him .

" looked like you was having fun " he said .

" speaking of fun , let's go to the second line this sunday " she said .

" aiight " big zo agreed . He didn't expect her to stay in the house 24/7 and tend to him and the kids . He knew she liked to go out and have fun so he didn't trip when she wanted to go out as long she didn't go showing her ass acting single .

" and can we go on a trip like a family vacation once dekia and zion come into town ? " She asked .

" yeah we can go on a family trip .. The kids asked me about that earlier they said they wanna go disney world but later on in the summer I wanna go on a trip with just me and you on an island somewhere " he said .

" sounds like a plan .. I hope Darkayla and the twins come " Deedy said thinking about her oldest daughter.

" Ima go stop by her house to talk to her later on today and see what's wrong with her . " Big Zo said .

" Good . I know she's going through something I can tell by the way she's lashing out but I know she won't tell me but she adores you so I think you can get through to her " Deedy said .

" Hopefully but i'm about to go pick the kids up from school ... you need something while i'm out ? " He asked .

" I have a whole shopping list for you " She said .

" After I go pick them up we can go to the store . I'm not taking them to the store with me they beg too much and I don't feel like running behind all them rug rats " he said causing Deedy to chuckle .

" Ok , give me a kiss before you go " She said .

He walked over to her and gave her a kiss like she requested . " Eww" they heard causing them to turn around and look at Derrick . He held Dash in his baby carrier and Damari was hugging his leg .

" Fat man " Deedy said as she walked over to them and took the baby out of his baby carrier.

" Well forget me about huh MiMi ? " Damari asked cutting his eyes at her . Deedy claimed she was to young to be a grandma , granny , maw maw , or nana so all her grandkids called her MiMi .

Big Zo really didn't care but they all called him Pop or pop pop.

" Never " Deedy said as she bent down and kissed his cheek . " Why you not in school ? "

" I missed my daddy so he let me stay home " Damari said .

" You hungry ? " Deedy asked . Damari nodded so he and Deedy walked off to fix him some food .