Chapter Thirty Four

Nadia smacked her teeth when she heard her ring doorbell going off on her phone . The one time she wanted Derrick to let himself in he didn't . She grabbed her phone and opened her ring app . " let yourself in " she spoke through the phone to him outside her door .

He didn't respond he just put her code in unlocking the door and walking inside . He sat Nola's car seat on the floor in the living room before going to Nadia's room where she was laying in bed with Dash sleeping all on her back and Heaven in her bassinet that was attached to the side of Nadia's bed .

" Why you not up for work ?" He asked her .

" I start working from home today so it ain't like I have to really get dressed or anything . All I have to do is brush my teeth and go sit at my desk " She said .

" Where the boys at , they still sleep ? " he asked .

" duh derrick .. it's six in the morning I don't wake them up until seven . School for them doesn't take in until 8 for Damari and 8:30 for Dash .. i don't know why you came here so damn early " Nadia said .

" Alright i'm about to go make them something to eat for when they wake up " He said .

" Okay and pack their lunch boxes too "

" Ok " Derrick said . When he went to the living room he checked on Nola to see she was still sleeping in her car seat so he didn't want to wake her up and disturb her so he went to the kitchen and started making breakfast .

He didn't really know how to cook very good because Big Zo or Kia always cooked for them so he just made eggs , bacon , and some waffles in the waffle maker .

By the time he was finished Nadia was coming out from the back of the house with both of the boys . " hey daddy " damari said wiping his eyes . Dash just waved at derrick .

Derrick sat their plates at the table in front of them with some juice before bringing Nadia's plate to her as well . " Thank You " she said .

" You're welcome baby " he said as he kissed her forehead and she rolled her eyes at him . He finally came to the table with his plate and joined everybody .

" this is nice " damari said.

" what is " derrick asked .

" us sitting together eating like a family again " he said .

" what you mean again ? we never stopped being a family ? " Derrick said .

" but you know what I mean .. you made mommy mad at you and we had to split up our time between you and ms.trice and mommy but I like it better now that it's just us and you and mommy " he said .

" and your sisters " Nadia reminded him .

" yeah I like them but they cry babies " He said causing Derrick to laugh .

" They babies that's what babies do " Nadia said .

" They don't have to cry at night though , every-time i'm trying to get some sleep there they go crying " He fussed .

" You did the same thing when you was a baby " Nadia told him. .

" No I was a real nigga baby " He said causing Nadia to glare at Derrick.

" I told you to stop teaching him that stuff " She yelled .

" He didn't get that from me " Derrick yelled in his defense.

" First of all lower your tone talking to me " Nadia told him .

" My bad baby .. but he ain't get that from me "