Chapter Ten

10

Darkayla took a deep breath before she knocked on her fathers door . It took a long minute but he finally opened the door and he was surprised to see her on the other side.

" Can I come in? " She asked . He stepped to the side and allowed her in the house . He led the way to the living room and she sat down and nervously fidgeted with her fingers scared of how this would go .

" What brings you by ? I could've sworn you don't like us " He joked but he was serious as well .

" it's not that I don't like you guys I just - we'll that's actually why i'm here . I came here to apologize for the way i've been acting towards you. You never did anything wrong but try to makeup for the years you lost with us that wasn't your fault and I only made it difficult for you " She admitted . " I just - I was upset with you because I didn't know whether to believe you or the story that my mom told . I was upset that you didn't try harder to be in my life and you just came around and acted like we were supposed to be bestfriends and then I got jealous when I seen how close you guys are with kia and derrick . i was stuck in my ways a lot so I know now that I was wrong in that situation. I know that wasn't much you could do locked up in jail and with my mom acting the way that she was acting .. I just hope that you can forgive me for the way i've been with you the past few months and that we can build a relationship "

" I was never mad with you Kay , I was waiting on you to come around and i'm glad that you're here and want to work on a relationship " He said causing her to smile . " So how have you been ? I heard you caught an anxiety attack and went to the hospital and you disappeared for a while . you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to but are you ok "

" i'm actually better now. I didn't just disappear Big Zo knew where I was the whole time. I just needed a break , a mental getaway I was seeing a therapist while I was going it helped so i'm going to do a virtual visit with her every week " She said .

" that's good i'm glad you're feeling better , how's things going with your boyfriend ? " He asked . He heard a lot about Lance and he didn't really like him .

" We're on a break . I think I may leave him . I love him and I know that he loves me but things aren't the same . He's changing with the money he's making and I just feel like I lost myself being in that relationship with him . I need to be single for a while I feel .. when I was with Quan my life consisted of pleasing him and walking on eggshells not to piss him off and after with Lance it's like my life revolves around him and the kids and I need my life to not revolve around a man for once " She said .

" I agree completely. You need to always put yourself first .. well your kids and then yourself . I could look at you and tell that you weren't genuinely happy but I can see now that you're finding your happiness but you aren't fully there yet "

" No but hopefully I will be soon " She said .There conversation was cut off by the doorbell ringing. Julez came running down the stairs and they both of them looked over at him wondering who was at the door that he was running for .

He opened the door and kia came in and hugged him while crying hysterically. " The fuck wrong with her ? " Big Derrrick asked as he and Darkayla hopped up and walked over to her .

" I don't know she just called me crying and said she was about to pull up . what's wrong kia ? " He asked .

All she kept crying was Zo. " What he did? He hit you ? " Julez asked getting ready to go fight .

" Did he cheat again ? " Darkayla asked .

She just kept crying causing them to get irritated because they were trying to see what the fuck did he do so bad that she was asking like her dog died . " Dekia stop fucking crying and tell us what happened ? Got me ready to go beat his ass and I don't know what's going on " Julez snapped .