Chapter Twenty Four

24

" Aye you think pops good ? " Derrick asked . They'd been all going over to his house everyday to make sure he was ok but they couldn't really tell . He was still doing everything that he was supposed to be doing like going to work , cooking , cleaning , tending to the kids but at certain times he would just daze off and be staring into space .

Like now he was just sitting in the backyard staring at the sky .

" I don't think he is ... He hasn't been to see her at all he said he can't take seeing her like that and honestly I feel like the timing of this is just taking him back to when Rissa died especially since the anniversary of her death just passed " Kia said.

" I ain't gonna lie I can't hate to see her like that . Regardless of what Lo said .. that's still our mother and I hate to see that happen to her and she didn't deserve that . I understand she fucked over a lot of men but that doesn't equivalent to her getting shot and possibly not being her normal self if she wakes up " Derrick said .

" I agree " Kia said . Her phone started ringing interrupting their conversation and once she saw that it was Zo she declined his call .

Derrick caught it on to it but he decided to mind his business . A minute later Lo was coming downstairs holding his phone up to his face signaling he was on facetime . He walked over to Kia and tried to hand her the phone . " I don't want to talk to him " she said .

" Can you atleast tell me why you don't want to talk to me ? " Zo asked.

Kia took the phone from Lo . " Because you left me at a time where I really need you the most . " She said .

" Kia you can't be serious . No disrespect to Deedy but if the roles were reversed do you think she would've gave up making money moves to be here for Zo ? " Lo asked .

" This isn't about Deedy , this is about me and him ! I get that he had to do what he had to do as far as his career but he's out there going to strip clubs , and bars and shit partying on instagram " She said .

" That's about my career too . Those appearances I'm making with those celebrities is giving me recognition and making more people look on my page and seeing what I have to offer . You acting like I just left and said fuck you . I'm texting you and calling you in all of my free time to make sure you're good , why you always have to be difficult . " He asked .

" i'm done with the conversation Lorenzo , just leave me alone " Kia said causing him to suck his teeth .

Dekia " He said .

" What ? " She asked .

" I got one more event to show my face at tonight and ima catch a flight back to you tomorrow morning okay ? " He asked .

" You should've been here but whatever  " She said .

" Kia don't do that " He said. She didn't respond which caused him to sign cause he knew he had some major ass kissing to do when he made it home.

" Whatever bye Lorenzo " He said .

" What baby girl doing ? " He asked.

" She's upstairs taking a nap with Zoey and Serenity "

Alright I love you and when I call your phone you better answer it "

" mhmmm " she mumbled .

I said I love you "

" I heard you " She said and he sighed .

" alright kia "  he said as he hung up the phone . Big Zo came into the house . " What y'all want to eat for dinner ? i'm about to head to the store so I can cook for y'all " He said .