Chapter Twenty Eight

I tweaked the last chapter a little bit but you guys don't have to reread it , i maybe added like or one two sentences

28

Everyone sat in the waiting room sadly watching Derrick go through the motions. One minute he was crying , then the next he was mad .

He was taking this hard which was to be  expected . Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine for kentrice to not make it through child birth especially because at all of her doctor appointments they kept telling her that everything was fine with both her and the baby .

So what was supposed to be one of the happiest days of their lives was now the saddest day of his life . It was bittersweet to him because he had another beautiful little girl but her mother wasn't around anymore . Derrick didn't even know if she was able to lay eyes on Nola before she died.

The doctors came out and confirmed the cause of kentrice's death was maternal cardiac arrest. Once the doctors say that Derrick got upset and started blaming himself because he knew he should've have been more on the doctors ass about taking them seriously when she was saying she had chest pains during labor .

Maybe then she would still be here .

He was sitting in the waiting room staring into space when Nadia walked in . She texted him to ask him if kentrice had the baby yet because damari was bugging her about facetiming him too see the baby and kia who had his phone texted her and told her the news .

She immediately called Lance to watch the kids while she went to the hospital to see him . Lance told her she was stupid for running to tend to Derrick after he cheated on her and broke her heart . He felt Kentrice dying during child birth didn't change that but Nadia was too nice for her own good .

She felt like Derrick was her kids father and there were family for life so she wanted to be there for him.

She walked over and sat next to him . " You don't have to be here Nadia " Derrick said .For the life of him he couldn't understand why she was so nice to him and kentrice when he knew they didn't deserve it .

" We're tied in for life i'll always be here for you and i'm so sorry this happened " She said as she gave him a hug .

One of the pediatric nurses walked up to them . " Hey " she said sadly . " We cleaned the baby up and ran all of her test . All the test came back fine . would you like to see her and do some skin to skin " She asked .

" Did you move her out of the room with trice ? " He asked . He didn't want to see kentrice like that .

" yeah "

" okay " Derrick said as he stood up . " somebody come with me " he said.

Everyone looked at each other but nobody moved . " come'on " Nadia said as she stood up and walked with him . When they walked into the nursery they immediately spotted Nola because she looked almost as identical to Heaven . They both looked like Derrick .

She was fussing and crying and Derrick walked over to her and picked her up and she immediately calmed down . " She spoiled already " Nadia commented.

" We haven't fed her yet ... we know that her mom was planning on breastfeeding but under the circumstances .. we should just go ahead and give her some similac so she won't starve " the baby's nurse said .

" No " Nadia said .

" She got to eat Nadia " Derrick said and Nadia sighed hating that she still felt entitled to help him .

" No baby formula has all kinds of harsh chemicals that can mess with the baby's digestive system and there's still a formula shortage going on so it'll be hard to find the good kinds .. i'll pump for her " She said .