Chapter Four ( edited )

4

Kentrice rolled her eyes seeing Derrick walk into her house carrying a bunch of gift bags . She didn't say anything she just watched as he sat everything on her coffee table and look at her with a smile like she was supposed to automatically not be mad at him because he brought her gifts .

" What is this Derrick ? " She asked him folding her arms across her chest .

" I was in the mall earlier , my sisters wanted to go shopping and I got some stuff for you " He said .

" You not going broke yet ? I mean you pay all Nadia's bill and take care of your two kids with her and then you pay all my bills now you come in here with designer bags " Kenteice said smartly .

" Nah I ain't going broke yet .. it's enough money to go around for all of y'all " He said causing her to roll her eyes .

" Go give the gifts to your girl .. I don't want them "

Derrick ignored her and went looking around her house . " Anything in particular you're looking for? " She asked watching him . He didn't answer her as he looked through the papers she had scattered on her kitchen table . " I didn't go get an abortion again , if that's what you're looking for " she said with an attitude.

" That's not what i'm looking for " he lied as he walked over to her and embraced her in a hug from behind  .

" Derrick move "

" Man stop playing Kentrice " He said as he kissed on her neck . She rolled her eyes but didn't push him away. " I love you "

" I love you too " She said getting mad at herself because she was supposed to be mad with him but she didn't want to be mad with him anymore .

" You still getting morning sickness ? " He asked.

" this baby been kicking my ass " She said as she pushed him off of her and went to see what he brought her .

" The purses and shoes are very cute Derrick but it doesn't fix the situation we in " Kentrice said .

" I know and I didn't buy it to fix the situation . I was talking to my pops a couple days ago and he helped me figure shit out . i'm in love with you , I always been in love with you . I want to be with you but I need you to just give me some time " He said .

" I'm not dumb Derrick . You only saying this to me because you know Nadia is going to leave you once she finds out i'm pregnant. You want to play house with her until she leaves you then come get with me as a rebound " She said reading him like a book.

" That's not the case " Derrick said .

" Then leave her today and come be with me " She challenged him .

" I know you don't want to hear this but I love her Kentrice and I don't want to just break her heart . I know either way this goes she's going to end up getting hurt but just bare with me , I promise we'll be together soon " He said .

" Get out Derrick " Kentrice said .

" I'm not going nowhere " He said .

" yeah until your girl gets off work " she rolled her eyes .

" Come here " Derrick told her . She rolled her eyes but walked over to him anyways . He pulled her on his lap and went into his pocket pulling out a ring. " I promise ima make shit right between us . It's just gonna be me and you " He said .

" You got three months or i'm done for good " She said taking the ring from him .

" I need you to promise me something too " He said.