Chapter Fourteen

14

The next weekend came by and Damari was finally okay with going with Derrick on the weekend . So it was a Friday night and Nadia was all alone .

Ever since Derrick picked the kids up she tried to keep busy so she wouldn't think about Derrick's betrayal , how he cheated on her with the one female he told her not to worry about , how her got her pregnant at the same time as her .

She didn't know if she was more hurt or embarrassed. When she got back with him her family was telling her that she was stupid and that he would break her hurt for kentrice again but she defended him and what good did that do her ? because they were right .

She'd cleaned the entire house up and down , she cooked dinner , she did laundry , combed and washed her hair but it was 10 pm and there was nothing else left for her to do to keep her occupied so she was sitting in the living room sipping on wine and listening to r&b music , that wasn't really helping her case .

She wished that she had friends to come over and keep her company so she could take her mind off of what was going on but she fell out with most of them because she never had the time to hang out with them . They were young without kids so they were free to do what they wanted but at the time she had a son , with a daddy who wasn't claiming him and no babysitters so she never could hang with them.

Even now she didn't have much friends .. she was cool with her co workers but they weren't close to where she could confide in them .

Derrick contact name .. that she had forgot to change because he was still saved as - Hubby❤️ - was calling her with an incoming facetime call . She answered because she knew that it was Damari calling her , he always did that whenever she was out called her all day to see what she was doing .

She answered the call and smiled once she saw his face . " Hey baby " She said .

" Hey mommy ! What you doing ? "

" Listening to music , relaxing . What you doing , where dash ? "

He pointed the camera to dash and her heart stung a little when she saw him in his high chair getting fed by the Kentrice. Kentrice had on a tank top and she could see her small baby bump .

" What he eating ? " She asked .

Damari put his face back in the camera. " She made him a fruit and yogurt parfait " He said rolling his eyes showing his dislike for kentrice.

" make sure you're being nice " she reminded him . " you never told me what you were doing ?" she asked .

" I just got done eating some canes .. when my daddy get out the shower we're going to play the game . I just wanted to check up on you though "

" Aww im okay baby .. I just miss you and Dash "

" We miss you too mommy "  He said causing her to smile . Her doorbell ring .

" Hold on Damari " She said as she went to her ring app. When she saw Lance clicked back on facetime. " Uncle Lance is here in about to talk to him call me before you go ti bed , I love you "

" I love you too " Damari said before he hung up. Nadia got up from the sofa and opened the door for Lance . She smiled when he pulled some roses from behind his back.

" Why'd you get me flowers ? " She asked .

" Kayla told me that Damari went with his daddy for the weekend and I knew that you would be in here alone consumed in your thoughts feeling sad so I wanted to cheer you up " 

" Aw thanks cousin " She said as she took them from him and stepped to the wide so he could come into the house .

He shook his head when he saw the glass of wine sitting on the coffee table. " You don't need to be drinking while you're pregnant Nadi , at-least not until you decide what you wanna do "