Chapter Twenty One

21

" Hey Nadia you want to come with us for lunch ? We're going to get some poboys " Ashley asked her . It had been two weeks and Ashley and the others kept asking Nadia to go to lunch but she always had a excuse for why she couldn't go but the truth was she enjoyed eating lunch with Omari in the lunchroom .

She just loved their conversations , he was different that was for sure but for some reason she loved their spritual deep talks . He really opened her mind a lot and she loved that .

" Tomorrow I promise .." Nadia said .

" Are you mad with me or something ? " Ashley asked .

" No I promise .. look if I tell you this you begged not tell anyone right now " She said.

" Ok " Ashley said.

" I'm pregnant " She said and Ashley gasped .

" You so fucking fertile and why is that a secret ? "

" I don't really know " Nadia admitted .

" But ok you better have lunch with me tomorrow " She said as she walked away . Nadia walked to the lunch room and Omari was siting in there already .

" Hey " He said .

" Hey " She said back .

" Here you go " He said handing her the lunch he packed for her . It was stuffed salmon . " I know your pregnant ass is greedy so I made you two salmons " He said .

" Thank you " She said . " You warmed it up already ? "

" Yeah " He said .

Nadia sat next to him and took the lid off of her food and started to eat it . " This is really good " She said .

" I told you my healthy food be good" He said . " You was late this morning , you good ? "

" Keeping tabs on me Omari ? "

" I might be " He said. It sounded like he was flirting with her but Nadia knew nobody was checking for her pregnant ass .

" I had a doctors appointment to check on this little princess " She said smiling .

" How is she ? "

" Healthy "

" That's good ... when are you due " He said .

" January.. I got a long way to go " She said .

" You never talk about the baby's father .. sorry if I seem like i'm all in your business I was just curious " He said .

" He's around , we're not together anymore but he's a good father and he's real active in my pregnancy " She said .She was becoming more content with her and Derrick's breakup . It still pained her a little to see kentrice post pictures of the two of them or posting pictures of her ultrasounds or her gender reveal invites but she was starting to feel that her and derrick probably weren't just meant to be .

He was a good dad and she was happy that he kept to his word about being there for his kids and not letting her go through her pregnancy completely alone .

" That's good to hear ... I was just asking because we're real good friends and I feel like we grow closer everyday and I know how some men feel about things like that " He said .

" oh we have nothing to worry about ... besides we're just friends " Nadia said .

" Yeah friends " Omari said with a smile . He sat quiet for a few seconds just watching Nadia eat her food . " What you doing this weekend ? " he asked her .