Chapter 25

Age 16:

Baria was tired. She tried and tried and tried but no one ever seemed to notice.

Sure her café became a neutral zone but none of the customers ever seemed to acknowledge both sides of the story.

Heroes refuse to admit that their caused someone to become a villain. Villains refusing to see that heroes are not as omnipotent as they portray themselves to be.

She had practically thrown a case of the wrong doings of society in the heroes face via a new waitress. Her quirk could be kind of gory but it was basically her love story.

Toga Himiko. She was a unique girl. Her quirk relied on blood and due to her lacking in a constant supply since it activated, she is in a quirk craze. Baria didn't know the proper terminology for what was happening to Toga but it was essentially that fact the Toga's quirk was driving her insane.

Unfortunately, very few of the heroes actually recognise what her quirk is doing to her. Ironically, it was villains that had a better understanding of the effects that quirks can have on a persons' mind and body. That was one of the reasons that Baria allowed herself to be poked and prodded by the villains.

Today was one of their scheduled prodding sessions. She hadn't been expecting a swarm of villains to surround her though. Most moving her limbs around, scanning her for any surface injuries. Some of the more experienced ones began poking her gently on her stomach, moving her joints around, prodding at her head and feeling for bumps.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"They are checking for injuries Baria." Daisuke said quietly from behind her.

"But I am unharmed."

"They heard about you being rushed to the hospital."

"Oh."

"Oh she says, like she didn't scream not even two days ago." One of the villains said sarcastically. He was a regular and the underground café. However, he did seem to have an unhealthy obsession on bring All Might down.

He was also one of the few that didn't cause Baria to faint, even after she called him a "crusty boi" to his face or rather to his fathers' hand.

"Shigaraki, I did not scream that loud."

"Oh you definitely did, Player Two." He retorted, his voice raspy as his hand reached up to scratch at his neck.

"Stop scratching." She replied as she whacked his hand away from his neck. "At least in most obsessed with trying to bring down a dying man."

"Well, how do you know he is dying?"

"You can see it. His muscle mass is decreasing; his time out is also decreasing. Oh and let us not forget that you are trying to kill and 49-year-old man with a lethal injury."

"I've already created a weapon that could match him in his prime and you are telling me that it isn't necessary."

"Essentially"

"I hate you."

"Okay."

"That just makes it worse, what am I going to tell sensei?"

"Tell him that he is a melodramatic drama queen who needs to get over himself and die already."

"Harsh."

"He literally has been brainwashing you for most of your life into thinking that heroes are omnipotent beings that are just cruel and lazy."

"He did not."

"First time we met you tried to kill me for having a cafe that caters to heroes."

"That was justified in the mind-set that I had."

"You called me an error."

"You are an error."

"No, I am not."

"You literally threw off nearly a hundred people's world view about society and villainy. You created a café that villains, heroes and civilians can go to. You befriend nearly everyone you met. Heroes trust you to be able to defend your café without help. You created the café in the first place. You got a license that allowed you to use your quirk within your café. You got heroes to listen to a villains' side of the story and everyone is quite willing to die or kill to protect even if you are oblivious to it and you're not even 17 yet."

"Anyone could do that and I'm not liked well enough for anyone to die or kill for me." Baria refuted.

Every villain in the basement heaved a sigh and those that were seated slammed their heads onto the tables in front of them.

'SHE'S OBLIVIOUS AS FUCK!'

"It is times like this that I wish I did kill you."

"Huh? Why?" She asked tilting her head to the side, expression mildly confused. It was a shock to the system to see her express herself on her face. They weren't used to it but they adored it nonetheless.

"Never mind that." Shigaraki dismissed with a heavy sigh. It was strange that she could see and figure out things that no one had before but couldn't figure out the simplest reasons or meanings behind some human interactions.

"I am still going to have to follow through with the plan Sensei made. However, I will try to limit the causalities."

"That's all I ask."

* * * * * * * * *POV CHANGE (The villain Baria helped) * * * * * * * * * *

He had been watching her for years now. Partially for his Boss and partially for his own desire to see her safe. He could never refuse his boss. Never.

He put his quirk to good use. Manipulation. It was never specified what he manipulated but that just allowed him to push the limits. It allowed him to get close to her. Boss had been surprised by how close the two had become. Boss had been both enraged and extraordinarily pleased. That brought him to the current happenings.

"Explain yourself." The Boss demanded. "Why was she in the hospital?"

"It is thought that the destruction of one of her barriers is the cause. Method of the destruction is unknown. It was observed to have placed a large amount of strain on both her quirk and her physique. She has been advised against using her quirk for the next two days."

"You are to watch her closely. Ensure that she does not defy that advise."

"Understood."

"Now leave."

"Yes sir." The villain replied before he spun on his heel and began moving towards the exit. If he looked back, he would see a displeased frown begin to form on the bosses face. If he looked back, he would see two separate expressions combating on the face of the young teen. One of rage and hatred and the other of desperate hope. The expressions shifted back and forth continuously before finally settling on rage.

If the villain had paused, even for a moment, he would have heard it. The hissing sound that escaped the bosses mouth as he raged. He would have seen the small black mist trail behind him but he didn't. He didn't pause. He didn't look back. He didn't do anything other than walk forward and in doings so sealed his fate.