Ch. 1

If there was one thing that Obexia found so incredibly ironic, it would be her name and quirk. In both her lives her name meant barrier. Obexia and Baria. To her it had been hilarious. It caused her to be a baby that laughed every time her name was called. Until she finally realized she wasn't going to see her loved ones again.

Of course, it had taken her about two months to understand what it meant but that was beside the point. What she never learnt Japanese in her last life. She just learnt random words here and there.

Her parents were kind. Although they were hardly ever there. When they were though, they always seemed mildly displeased. Baria had decided after the first month to use her time as a baby to mourn for her loses. She mourned for her family and the grief they must be going through. She mourned for herself and the betrayal she felt. She mourned the fact that she would never she her family again. That was basically the entirety of her first year. Although there were some very kind people that stopped by.

When Baria was one years old her parents started celebrating. It wasn't her birthday. She knew that much. The maids would have been clambering about before this.

No. They were celebrating the fact that mother was pregnant again. This time however, it was a boy. A proper heir to their company. Yes, Baria's parents were rich. Basically swimming in money. They were more traditional though so a male heir was required.

However, Baria realised what mother's pregnancy meant. She was no longer the sole heir to her family's company and fortune. She didn't care. She just pitied her new unborn baby brother. Of course she didn't realize that her family didn't need her now that a male baby was on the way.

That the only reason her parents kept her was because they had been told that they wouldn't be able to have any more children after Baria. That the only reason she was still around was because they refused to give the company to someone that wasn't of their bloodline. And so at one years old Baria was left an orphanage's door. It had been done while she slept. It had been done just after the baby was born. It had been done as someone left to get groceries.

After the abandonment, nothing interesting or of note happened. Baria lived life as a normal child. Other than the random attacks that seemed to happen in her neighbourhood. It was at the age of three that Baria truly noticed the strange features some people had. Or the powers. Or that the a few people ran around in weird outfits.

At first she thought nothing of it. She just assumed that it was cosplay. That there was perfectly reliable science behind their power. Constructs to help them. But, then the amount of times the orphanage got destroyed seemed to come forth in her mind. The number of it being destroyed was really getting ridiculous.

Thus, Baria went to the orphanage matron about her discoveries.

"Ma'am, why do some people run around in weird outfits? Why do some people look like that?"

"Baria. Sweetie have you ever heard about quirks? No? Well, most people have quirks. A power that was brought forth more or less eighty years ago. It was first noted when a baby was born glowing a bright yellow. People started using this power for both good and bad. Thus heroes and villains came to be."

"But ma'am what if a hero is corrupted and they hadn't saved a person and then that person becomes a villain and they have to save themselves. So they do bad things to help some else too. But they get hurt by other heroes. Then who's the hero and who's the villain?" Baria questioned. She was genuinely curious.... Ok so she did want to mess with people's heads.

"W-w-well, I-I don't really know. I've never thought about it like that."

That was when Baria at the age of three. She had brought a new perspective to the orphanage. It made the others think for themselves instead of following social norm.

.

.

.

Baria was having a nightmare. She kept seeing the persons face.

The person's eyes were wild and slowly becoming bloodshot. Hair messy and he was wearing something that looked like a school uniform. He lunged towards her and

Baria woke up. Her throat hurt. She could hear someone screaming but she couldn't figure out who. Her face felt wet too.

The door burst open and the matron ran in. She ran up to Baria's bed. The matron rapped her arms around Baria as tightly as she could without hurting her. That when Baria noticed it was herself that was screaming. She was crying too.

"Shh...Shh. Its ok. You're ok. Everyone is just okay." The matron murmured. Her voice was soothing.

"No one going to hurt you. No one going to hurt me."

Baria faintly realized that the other orphans were gathered at her bedroom door. The kids above her on the bunkbed were looking over the side. All their eyes held worry within their depths.

The matron also seemed to realize that they were there as she waved them over. She slowly moved Baria off the bed and onto the floor. The others slowly following. The matron moved Baria onto her lap and started to hum. The older kids slowly started to join.

To be honest Baria felt more loved in that moment that any other time in this life. She could see the other kids felt the same. Her eyes started to feel heavy but she didn't want to sleep. She was scared she's see him again. Scared that she would end up hating him even though she couldn't remember his name. She still remembered him.

She was scared to forget. She was scared to forgive. Though she knew that with time she would forgive just about everything. Even if he was the one to kill her. Again and again. She was scared because she knew. Scared that maybe just maybe if she closed her eyes she'd lose her second family.