Chapter 28

Neito was furious. She had deceived to him. Not lied, deceived. Two similar but distinctly different things. Did she just befriend us because of the manga/anime? Did she genuinely like any of us or was it just a way to keep track of the timeline?

"Neito?" Denki reached out tentatively. "Neito, we need to get to school."

Neito didn't respond verbally. He simply walked over to his bags, grabbed them and marched out. Hitoshi and Denki were quick to follow him, shouting goodbyes as they left. They knew the Neito was not going to forgive Baria as easily as he did in other arguments. They knew that this fight may break the friendship the two have had for years. It may not be obvious but they could already see the toll that it was having on Neito. After all, Baria was Neito first friend. He would have felt that he could trust her with anything and everything. It must have destroyed him to know that she didn't feel the same. On the other hand, they couldn't believe just how stressed Baria must have felt to keep that knowledge hidden. Sure, she does not personally remember it but she still has it written down in journals. It did explain many things about her though. Her random knowledge that 9/10 times was true, her fainting before speaking or no over exaggerated reactions to the "main characters" i.e. Aizawa, Hizashi, Neito, Denki and Hitoshi. Maybe Bakugou.

It wasn't just that she knew it, but that she didn't know what could happen if anything changed. A lot had but it was obvious to Hitoshi that Baria was absolutely terrified of what could happen to those around her due to the discrepancies in the timeline that she knew. This was a logical version of what Hitoshi could derive from the argument.

Denki knew Baria. As emotionally inept as she was, he knew her. He knew that she cared what others thought of her, he knew that she was terrified of losing the people she cared for. He knew that she hated keeping things a secret. He knew she often thought back on all her conversations and hated herself for them, be it from a simple sentence that could give the wrong impression or actions that she took. Baria was the type of person who hated being alone with their thoughts even though she was an introvert. So the trio leaving her alone after an argument, after her telling them her greatest secret, it was and would continue to destroy her. However, there was nothing Denki could do. They had school to get to and a boyfriend to try and pacify.

.

.

.

Sero was the first to see the trio. He was also the first to notice something was going on. The rest of the group caught on with a few seconds as well. Bakugou, however, was still his explosive self. He yapped like a small angry dog, biting at its leash.

Not many people knew this but Denki had a very short fuse. He hid it well, behind jokes and a simple act but he was always on a hair trigger. Thankfully, it was very hard to press or rather pull that trigger. Unfortunately, Bakugou managed to hit the nail on the head with a simple side comment.

"SHUT IT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT! YOU ARE JUST AN ANGRY POMERANIAN WITH BOTH A SUPERIORITY AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX! YOU LASH OUT AT EVERYONE AROUND BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT YOUR HEAD THAT THE WAY YOU ACT IS NOT HEROIC BUT RATHER VILLAINOUS!"

Denki was never someone to hold back his thoughts so his eruption suited him just fine. On the other hand, Neito was looking flustered. Hitoshi was bright red and his nose appeared to be bleeding. Sero and Jiro looked stunned but amused. Kirishima and Mina had their jaws dropped and Bakugou, well, Bakugou was getting hot under his collar. Denki could see that he had caught the rest of the classes attention with his outburst but he frankly didn't care in that moment.

"YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BOW BEFORE YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A STRONG QUIRK! NEWSFLASH! ITS JUST FLASHY! YOU DON'T NEED IT TO BE A HERO LIKE YOU SEEM TO THINK! I WOULD RATHER HAVE NO QUIRK THAN GET STUCK WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE YOUR!" Denki paused to try and catch his breathe. He had not needed to shout like this since he was a child.

"HAH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME EXTRA?!"

"YOU HEARD ME!"

"IM GONNA ROAST YOU!"

"TRY IT! I CAN KILL WITHOUT EVEN USING EVEN A PERCENT OF MY CABALITIES!"

The two continued going back and forth, quirk sparking and growing more volatile as time went by. Kirishima was turning his head back and forth to look at the person speaking while Mina crept up to Neito.

"Can he really kill someone?" She stage-whispered to him. Neito glanced at her from the corner of his eye. He had calmed down drastically compared to when he first arrived.

"Yeah. It only takes 140 volts to stop a persons' heart. The highest recorded voltage that Denki can release is two million. Unfortunately, it's because of this that he struggles with control and whenever he uses his quirk its nearly always causes his drawback to happen. We found a way to help with but that was a while ago. Quirks tend to get stringer as time goes on."

*BOOM*

Bakugou had finally had it. His quirk activated in a manner true to its name and an explosion shook the walls of the classroom. Students began ducking under their tables to try and avoid electrical discharges and explosions. Denki was barely keeping his quirk from killing anyone. Yellow bolts arched across the room, attracted to small metal pieces that was littered throughout it. This caused the desks to be a hazard and Iida could be seen ushering students out the door. Aizawa hadn't come by yet, which was a surprise considering the noise they were making.

As the fight continued on, the more frustrated Bakugou got. The more frustrated he got, the bigger his explosions. Bigger explosions meant a more disorientated Denki, which resulted in less control of his quirk. Not only does it cause Denki's control to start slipping but it infuriates him to the point that he is actively trying electrocute Bakugou.

Denki picked up the chair next to him. Rage fuels him in that moment. It filled him like it never had before. The chair is pulled over his head and launched in a single fluid motion. He chased after it in an attempt to tackle Bakugou. Bakugou blow up the chair with one hand and blasted Denki with the other. Denki flew back, hitting the wall with a resounding thud.

He placed one hand on the floor while the other came up to cradle his ribs. He lifted his head off the floor. His gaze moved to meet Bakugous'. For a split second Bakugou thought that the extra would give up, but only for a second. Denki had launched himself at Bakugou again, quirk at full activation. The room with filled red, yellow and orange light. You could not hear anything over the noise and students had long since abandoned the neighbouring classrooms and the hallway. Iida had been sent to get Aizawa but he hadn't arrived back yet. Fortunately for Iida and the other students, Bakugou included, Midnight arrived right as Denki was about to touch Bakugou with two million volts of electricity arching off his body. Pink mist had begun to seep into the classroom. Faint at first but becoming more prominent as the milliseconds passed. It went completely unnoticed by the two fighters and was only circulated into the air and lungs of the two due to the disturbances in the air they caused. Within moments the two were unconscious.