Chapter 6

Age 11:

Baria had the social skills of a popular girl. She got along with everyone with absolute ease. This was said by no one ever. Baria's social skills were so bad it was a miracle that her café wasn't shut down due to the fact she could rarely get more than two sentences out. She usually looked at her costumers and immediately knew what they wanted. Helped to have her quirk around the shop. Even if it's at it maximum radius.

Now when people looked at her face as expressionless as it is, they would never expect her to be social inept. She either zoned out while they were talking or blurted out the first thing she thought about them. The other orphans, (Akari - age 8, Asashi- age 13, Kaito-age 10, Haruto-age 6, Hana- age 7, Kai- age 9, Itsuki- age 9, the triplets Kanna, Kei and Moi- age 5, Sora and Souta - age 15, Youta- age 12, Yuuma and Yuuto - ages 8 and 9, and finally Aina, Aiko, Aika and Ai - ages 12,10, 8, and 6) had started writing down those thoughts so that the costumers that became regulars could have them written down into a gift card after their first year.

The idea had been rather popular and eventually the quotes were being painted onto the wall. Small enough to allow many more but large enough to see without straining the eyes. Each quote had been written in the handwriting of the person it was about. It had been decided that the quotes were to be permanent.

Now these thoughts were never mean or rude. They were just sudden and often caused Baria to pass out after saying them due to her humiliation. Which would have been fine if she wasn't the only one allowed near a stove. As it turned out the others couldn't cook to save their lives. Miss Keisha included. That had been proven when she set milk on fire. It had even been anywhere near the stove or anyplace to heat things up.

It also brought forth another question. How did Miss Keisha feed the orphans if she couldn't cook? It was a mystery that Baria was determined to find out. Later. Probably after she went to the hospital to get herself and the others checked.

.

.

In any case, Baria's lack of social skills were, once again, her down fall upon meeting a man with really long hair.

"Your hair" Baria had muttered staring at it. The man's hair being golden and about waist length. It was tied up into a high ponytail but it still looked so silky. Baria would love to have hair like that. Then she would be running her hands through it constantly. Baria was an absolute sucker for soft hair.

"Hmm?" The man looked at her over the top of his glasses.

His eyes were gold in colour and seemed to have many rings within them. Each ring was a slightly darker tone of gold. Headphones hanging around his neck did nothing but add to his outfit. Of which consisted a leather jacket, a white tank top, some dark denim jeans and takkies. He had a small moustache in the dandy style or so Baria assumed.

"Your hair it be gorgeous" Baria finished the thought, still looking at the man like he'd hung up the sun.

The man looked incredibly fluttered, if not a little happy at the sentence that had fallen out of Baria's mouth. Of course, Baria on the other looked mildly horrified at what she had just done. She looked like a robot that just realized it was a robot after ripping its own arm off. Her facial muscles didn't move but you could see the absolute horror in her eyes.

Baria and the man stared at each other for one heartbeat, two, before he squealed. Full on fan girl, high pitch, "KYAA!!!" squeal. Baria hit the floor in a dead faint.

It was like she had just be killed. Absolute dead weight. It didn't look like she was even breathing.

All the while, Sora and Souta looked on in amusement. The squeal of happiness turned into a small shriek of shock. The man even started to flay his arms. That was a first. Usually people ran to try wake Baria up.

.

Baria blinked her eyes tiredly. Not fully awake but hyper aware. She quirk had turned off the second her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She was unconscious before she even hit the floor.

She blinked again.

Slowly coming to awareness. She realized that the man, whose hair she commented on, was standing above her. Well not really standing. He was crouched down onto his hunches next to her. His face was peering down at her. He was smiling.

When he noticed that she was awake, his smile broadened. His pencil, or was it dandy, moustache curling slightly at the ends. He opened his mouth and...

That was all Baria saw before she passed out again, much to the amusement of Souta and worry to the man and Sora. She had never passed out twice in a row when confronted with the same person.

Souta knew it was going to be a long while before they could open up shop again. After all they needed to get his socially inept pseud sister to stop fainting first. Given the rate things were going, it wasn't happening anytime soon.

After all the man needed to tell her that he appreciated her comment otherwise she'd faint every time she looked at him.

.

.

.

.

Eventually Baria and the man could look at each other without her hitting the floor, dead to the world. This being two hours after they had initially met.

The first thing they did once this was accomplished.

"Hi there little listener, I'm Hizashi Yamada, but you can call me Yamada. Mainly because nobody ever complimented my hair before. They usually tell me to cut it due to my line of work."

"Hi, names Barrica, wait no sorry it's Barin, no wait that's not right either, I'm"

"Her names Baria and she's socially inept."

"Yes that!"

Introductions.

It went relatively well. Even if Souta had taken control of it. Sora was stilling fretting over Baria. It really couldn't be healthy to faint as many times as she did.