Chapter 16

As the woman lunged at Baria, her hands were outstretched. This allowed Baria to dodge her hands, grab her wrists and throw her into the kitchen. The was a loud crash that followed the woman after she sailed through the swinging doors. The only thought that ran through her head was 'yeet. The lady was yeeted'.

Unfortunately for Baria, she had just armed the villainess with knives, forks and a rolling pin. She had also dropped her paper fan. That was disappointing.

It wasn't long before the woman came out the kitchen. Knife in one hand while the other continued to glow orange. Baria planned on using the same trick as before however the woman changed course a split second before Baria could grab her wrists a second time. The woman swung her glowing hand to the side, catching Baria across the face. It was in that moment Baria through up a skin tight barrier over herself. Of course the woman was then ricocheted away from Baria.

Baria didn't turn to check where the woman landed, stunned that her quirk didn't let her predict the woman's move.

'EHEHE. Take that. I'm not a protagonist. Nothing happened to me. No said back story. No bloodlines. No accidents in childhood. Just a normal girl that runs a café. Albeit a hero and villain one, but like that doesn't matter. Just a normal girl...yep'

It wasn't until Baria heard Denki shriek, that she snapped out of her mildly shock induced denial. When she finally saw him, she couldn't help but cackle.

The lady had somehow managed to touch not only Denki, but Hitoshi and Neito with one hand all at the same time. She didn't know how that was even possible but it happened. As there was now three different coloured cats sitting at the previously mentioned peoples table.

At least now she had a closet with enough room to fit them in.

Baria stalked over to the three. Picked them up by the scruff and threw them into the cupboard under the front desk. Leaving them with the words, "Sort out your flirtations and stuff.", before walking away.

.

.

.

Baria marched up the steps into the heroes' area. She needed more professional help for what she wanted to do. Mainly someone with the resources to undo the quirk on her three memers.

Once Baria reached the threshold of the upper level, she stopped. Stretching out her hand, she gently pushed on the Baria. Her hand popped through and the barrier seemed to bounce back to its original shape, even with her hand through it. She slowly walked through her barrier. To her it felt like a nice cool blanket running over her. To others, it probably felt the same if they were allowed to be up there. If not, then if tended to feel like millions of pin pricks. Something similar to pins and needle but especially painful.

Once Baria was through the barrier, she looked for one of the heroes she interacted with most. He had messy blond hair and great big red wings. He always wore a yellow goggle that were connected to his headphones or at least that's what it looked like to Baria. He was always so laid-back and nonchalant but Baria could see that he was relentlessly vigilant.

Yes, she did faint when she first met him. Now that she thought about Baria realized she didn't faint when she first met Neito. Seems like her memers were the only ones she didn't faint with...no including the angry hedgehog.

"Hawks-san?"

"Oh hey chick. What do you need?"

"My friends got into a quirk accident and are now cats. Fix them please."

"Quirk accident?" He questioned. An eyebrow raised behind his goggles.

"Angry lady broke through the front window and tried to attack me with her quirk when I asked her to pay for it."

"And?"

"I threw her away. She came back. Hit me. Barrier ricocheted her into friends."

"Ooh, yeah ill help chick. Lead on."

"No, I was thinking of leaving them as cats for an hour or so. They've got issues to resolve."

"Issues?"

Baria could tell he was genuinely curious.

"They keep flirting but they don't think the others are serious about each other."

"Ah."

.

.

.

Baria spent the hour serving her costumers and talking with Hawks. She had eventually gotten around to asking way everyone didn't freak out or try to help her when the lady broke her window. She was told that it was her store. Everything would be fine at the end.

Baria seriously questioned her costumers common sense.

It was also about time to remove her memer from the cupboard. So she ambled over to the cupboard. As she pulled it open she saw something she really didn't need in her head.

*SLAM*

Maybe they could use another hour.

.

.

.

This time when she went to check on the three, she brought Hawks and the medics with her. The three cats were eventually pulled out of the cupboard and set down on a table near the back. The medics worked quickly and quietly. The three cats glowed a faint orange and the grew and morphed into the people they were before.

Unfortunately, they were naked. If it wasn't for the medics and some of the heroes' quick actions many innocents would have been lost. Baria's eyes hurt as Hawks had slapped his hand across them as soon as he realized how the boys would end up.

In the end the boys were dressed and ready to go home. That was until...

"You guys still have cat appendages."

"EHH!!!"

Turns out the quirk was meant to be permanent. The medics were just lucky to get the boys back into human form...mostly. Turns out they couldn't do anything about the ears and tails. Nor could they do anything about the slightly cat like instincts.

At least the boys could hide their appendages. Well until their emotions got to high. So, basically only if they want it to be seen or they feel an unnatural level of emotion. It was funny for Baria until she noticed the look of Hitoshi's face. She just felt sorry for the other two. He was so going to claim them as his mates...could cats have more than one mate...Lions. They were a pride of lions. One little pride in a soon to be larger pride. A pride within a pride. Lovely.