Ch. 30

Denki woke up to the U.A. infirmary ceiling. Tilting his head to the side, he got a decent look at his surrounds even though he was restrained to the bed. Now Denki was no stranger to waking up on a bed in an infirmary or a hospital but this was the first ever time that he had been physically chained to someone with a quirk suppressant cuff on both of them. Not too far from where he lay was Bakugou Katsuki. A-grade pain in the ass with both a superiority and an inferiority complex is what the guy was. Bakugou was a ridiculous quirkiest asshole that had so many issues Denki didn't even know where to begin. The only relief Denki had was that Bakugou was unconscious and there were permanent markers within his reach. Therefore, it is only logical for Denki to do as any spiteful teen would.

Reaching his hand out, Denki's fingers brushed against the markers. He also couldn't move closer to them because of the cuff. Oh well, He wouldn't be Kaminari Denki if he wasn't as stubborn as a mountain. Don't judge him. He has seen people in this would destroy boulders, bricks stood no chance.

Denki turned his attention to Bakugou's bed. He leaned over and began to gently tug the bed frame.

*SHREEK*

He may have forgotten to account for the fact the it was a metal frame.

.

.

Baria in all her social inept interactions with the world has never managed to fully annoy any one being. She, in a brilliant moment of self-indulgence and righteousness, decided that she needed to do something that could turn out as only two very different extremes. She was going to bring down the hero commission and if she couldn't manage that then she was going to bring down Endeavour. All Might was going down due to his own self-negligence anyway.

Yeah, no one expects sweet little Baria to dislike the Symbol of Peace. She does though. She sees past the perfect pedestal that All Might is on to see the barely conceivable quirkist ideals that he spouts whenever he has an interview. Quite frankly All Might the time spent doing interview has recently outweighed the amount of time spent saving people. Thankfully, Baria is aware enough not to blurt out her opinion on All Might. The fact that so few people can see that he is quirkist is truly shocking. The only reprieve Baria gets is that most of the villainous regulars do notice and they hold conversations about it. The underground heroes also have been clued in. Though Baria might need to re-evaluate the times for the café, can't neglect potential customers.

She digressed. Her brilliant plan included gather the necessary information from the underground world. It worked in her favour that she was well liked. No amount of firewalls or NDA's would prevent her from getting what she wanted. Just because she was emotionally and socially inept does not mean she can't use her connections to their full potential. She is just less likely to. It worked in her favour that no one would think she had the potential to do so.

Her plan would go through flawlessly. However, she would need to come back to 'OBEX' at later hours. The villains that had proper connections or were more well-known were always around near the closing of the café.

.

Baria knew that Daisuke was worried. She could practically feel his eyes on her back. That and the fact that he had come up to her several times within the past thirty minutes asking if she was okay. Mental health included telling other about your problems, right?

Right.

So why was she avoiding telling others how she felt? Mostly likely because she wasn't sure what she felt. Emotional repression is such a fun drawback to have. The only one she properly related to was the one Sasuke knock off from one of her bubbles. Not even talk-no-jutsu can suddenly revive a person emotions after years of suppression. Baria is a perfect example of talk-no-jutsu not being 100% effective. Reason: She didn't throw fists with Naruto. She refused to. She had seen what he is capable of and would much rather avoid fighting unless it's a spar. If it's just a spar talk-no-jutsu is ineffective.

Back to the main point. Baria didn't know what she was feeling. Therefore, how could she rant and complain about it if she didn't know what it was. That was a lie she did know what she was feeling, she just didn't know how to talk about it. Deciding that she could no longer stand Daisuke's concerned stares or the regulars whispered worries, Baria got up and left the café. Resolutely she began to head back to where the old orphanage was. Maybe looking at her past may bring her a form of comfort.

.

.

.

Hitoshi wasn't sure what to do. As much as he loved Baria, Neito is the first person that didn't judge him based on his quirk. The first one to whole heartedly want to be around him and with him came Denki. Sure it sounds convoluted but Hitoshi wouldn't have met Denki the way he did if Neito hadn't spoken to him that day. However, Neito wouldn't have spoken to Hitoshi that day if Neito hadn't met Baria. In short, this was a mess and a half. The half being Denki fighting Bakugou. The mess being Baria's unprovoked upheaval of reality. That was aggravating Neito self-esteem issues in ways that cannot even be comprehended.

This wasn't even mentioning the trio's suspension of someone stalking Baria. That topic set the boys on edge. They had begun noticing it a couple of months ago. At first it just appeared to one of Baria's friends but recently there have been two shadows following her. One in a plague mask and another that nobody seemed to get a good look at. Not that they could identify the first one. Normally they wouldn't need to worry because Baria was almost always at the café. The few times she wasn't, she was one or all of the trio. They had informed a couple of OBEX's regulars about their suspensions and most took them seriously. That being said several have messaged Hitoshi stating that Baria had left the café.

Alone.