Ch. 37

Izuku wasn't exactly sure what happened. One moment the hand villains was approaching Aizawa-sensei, the next they were charging at each other. Aizawa-sense scarf whipping towards the villain.

As he moved, the villains uttered numbers under his breath. He moved side to side grabbing the scarf when it got too close and disintegrating the section in his hand. Izuku could tell anyone what happened but he could see vividly as the villains managed to grab onto Aizawa-sensei's arm. How the skin seemed to turn grey and crack before swiftly floating away. No blood had seeped into the cracks nor did the open wound bleed as it should. It was simply muscle, tendons and ligaments exposed to open air. It was like Aizawa-sensei's body did not register the wound as existing. The veins that lay in Aizawa-sensei's elbow seemed to have be cauterized due to the disintegration.

Aizawa-sensei managed to get loose and moved away from the villains as fast as he possibly could.

"Did you know Eraser, that it is fairly easy to tell when your quirk is activated. Not only that but the duration of which you can keep your eyes open shorten the more times you use your quirk. It's difficult only because you keeping jumping around everywhere, but your hair is another tell."

Izuku could tell that Aizawa-sensei was mildly unnerved. He moved back several paces in a single backwards jump.

"You see we had been reserving this specimen for All Might. However, I want to see how it compares to a hero like you. Though I suppose you would want to know the mastermind behind to demise. I am Shigaraki Tomura, the leader of the league of villains." He first gestured to a large muscled figure next to him. Its head looked that of a bird without feathers and its brain exposed. "This is a little something called a Nomu. A genetically engineered weapon created with a sole purpose in mind...Kill All Might."

Shigaraki turned to the Nomu and with a few whispered words, the Nomu launched itself at Aizawa-sensei. Aizawa-sensei moved quickly dodging left and right. Izuku could tell that he was trying to avoid direct confrontation as there was a high chance it would lead to his death. Unfortunately, Aizawa-sensei was not as light on his feet as he had been at the beginning of the attack and as a result was not fast enough to dodge a rather fast grab by the Nomu. The Nomu grabbed onto Aizawa-sensei's uninjured and began to squeeze.

Izuku could as his sensei's flesh twisted like it was fabric. Each fold of skin tearing as bone snapped and creaked under the Nomu's unrelenting grip. He could see how the sharp edges of the break began to push against his sensei's skin that was already pulled taunt due to the twisting. Izuku felt like he was witnessing everything in slow motion. He watched as bone pierced through his sensei's skin. Dark, almost maroon, blood welling up and rolling down the sides of his arm. Watched as drop by drop, blood splattered onto the floor.

Izuku felt numb as he witnessed it. He felt numb as his sensei was pinned to the floor with his arm broken, head bleeding and eyes terribly strained. Izuku felt numb as he watched the villains' attention switch to himself and Asui. He couldn't hear even though he knew the villain was saying something. He could hear how rapidly he was breathing and he could feel his heart pulsing alarmingly fast in his chest. It was like his entire body refused to act. As such he could only watch, completely numb, as the villain outstretched his hand towards Asuis' face. It felt, to him, as if every second was a lifetime.

It was only when Shigarakis' had made contact with Asuis' face that the numb emotion Izuku had faded into pure horror. It was for just a spilt second but Izuku though he saw Asui crumble as Aizawa-senseis' elbow did. Only when he blinked again, Shigarakis' hand was still on her face but she was perfectly intact.

"Wow. You really are a hero." Shigaraki said as he turned to face the hero. Aizaw was pinned down, face nearly down to the floor. Eyes red as he cancels Shigarakis' quirk.

Without a word from Shigaraki, the Nomu lifted Aizawa-senseis' head and slammed it down again. Thankfully, Shigarakis' hand had already been removed from Asuis' face. It wasn't long after that, that several loud bangs echoed throughout the building.

Once.

Twice and finally a third time before the large doors at the entrance were thrown open. There in the doorway, with the sun at his back, was All Might. His usually grinning face was set in a deep frown.

"Fear not, for I AM HERE!" All Might boomed.

Izuku could swear that he had never in his life felt such relief. However, the villain did not see perturbed by All Mights appearance. Rather he appeared excited.

"Ive been waiting hero! You trash of society."

Other low class villains tried to encourage each other, "Don't hesitate." However, they didn't even have time to move before All Might had knocked them out. Using his ongoing momentum All Might grabbed Izuku, Asui and Aizawa, moving them out of danger.

"Huh? He hit me as he was saving them." Shigaraki muttered under his breath.

While Shigaraki was mildly distracted, Izuku tried to explain to All Might what he knew of Shaigraki and the Nomu, which admittedly was not a lot. However, he was interrupted by All might.

"Young Midoriya!" With that All Might took off to face against the Nomu.

There was no pause as All Might and the Nomu began battle. Left hook, right hook, both barely moved the Nomu from its position. Eventually All Might moved behind the Nomu, wrapped his arms around its behind and preformed a German suplex on it.

As Izuku and Asui carried Aizawa-sensei away, they couldn't help but watch the fight.

With the Nomu and All Might temporally stuck, Kurogiri took the opportunity to create a portal under the Nomu. The Nomu reaches through and grabs onto All Mights side. It digs it fingers in until blood starts to seep down its hand. All Might lets go of the Nomus waist to grab onto its wrist. Pain twisted his features.

"Kurogiri." Shigaraki said.

"I apologize. However, I do not desire to have blood and guts overflowing within me." The nomu began pulling All Might through the portal with it. "And then...when your body is halfway through my gate, to close it..."

Kurogiri need not finish his sentence as everyone nearby had gotten the idea of his plan.

Izuku, upon hearing this was quick to transfer Aizawa over to Asui completely. Just as he reached All Might, another portal appeared in front of him and he nearly ran through it. It was only thanks to Todoroki and Kacchans' timely arrival that he did not.

Todoroki froze one of the Nomu's legs while Bakugou had pinned the warp gate to the floor. This only lasted a few minutes before the Nomu moved again. It moved forwards tearing its own leg off in the process. It was from there that Izuku couldn't remember anything. It was as if his mind shut down in order to protect itself.

He remembers the two villains getting to Shigaraki. He recalls Shigaraki telling them to kill All Might and the he would deal with the children. Izuku could remember hearing loud shouts and various speeches but not what they were about exactly. He could feel his body moving and talking at times but it felt to him like he was watching for outside. He remembered hands guiding him outside and into an ambulance. The last thing he truly processed was Aizawa-sensei being loaded into an ambulance across from him.