Ch. 40

Baria was once again behind that bar within her café. Specifically, behind the till. Her quirk was faintly humming in the back of her skull. Information flowing through her mind and water would a pipe. And like all matters regarding her café, Baria knew the instant her boys entered it. Baria found this odd as her boys were meant to be in school at the current moment.

Baria glanced up.

Sure enough it was her boys. They each had their unique nervous look about them. Neito looked more pompous than usual and Denki's smile was a tad too wide to be happy or excited. Hitoshi's eyes were wide and his pupils were shaking slightly.

"Why are you nervous?" Baria questioned. Her voice was as monotone as ever but her aura, as someone would say, radiated curiosity. Baria felt her emotions strongly, thus when her quirk was active small amount could still leak through.

"What can you tell us of the sports festival?" Neito inquired. His eyebrow twitched slightly and that was enough for Baria to know he was not asking for his sake.

"Depends. Of this timeline, nothing. Of the original, enough."

"Alright. Let's go with the original." Hitoshi interrupted as Neito began to open his mouth.

"Robots, race, basically a capture the flag with over 10 teams, one on ones and that is essentially it."

"Baria."

"Yes, Denki."

"That was both incredibly helpful and extremely useless."

"Good. Then it worked as intended."

It wasn't truly noticeable but electricity sparked around Denki's shoulders and despite how tense Hitoshi was, he cracked a grin at Baria's words. Hitoshi was glad that the forced break on quirk use had allowed some of Baria's personality through. However cryptic it was.

Neito saw that they weren't going to get anything further from Baria and thus desired to leave the café. He wanted to begin training as soon as possible in a manner that was through. Neito began nudging his lovers out the door just as Daisuke came arrived at the front desk. Neito paused. Daisuke was a well-built all-rounder kind of a guy. Neito had seen him chase down people who tried to dine and dash with little trouble. He had seen him use martial arts against the rowdier villain customers and while Daisuke doesn't speak much his words were always clearly thought out.

Neito turned to Baria.

"Would it be possible for us to borrow Daisuke?" He inquired.

Baria looked at Neito blankly. "That's entirely up to him."

Daisuke glanced at the two. He didn't ask why but consented as he could guess the reason he was needed.

Baria glanced at Hitoshi. He was placating Denki with memes and videos of idiotic fails. Denki was grinning big and bright. Seeing all was well, something settled in the back of Barias' mind. Her boys would be safe for a while. She would ensure their happiness through any means necessary.

"So what's happening?" Souta chirped from behind Neito.

Neito in turn yelped and swung a fist behind him.

Recently Souta had developed a bad habit of appearing out of nowhere. Fortunately, or unfortunately this habit resulted in Souta having to develop fast reflexes. Meaning as enjoyable as it would have been to witness Souta getting punched in the face, it did not happen. Baria felt slightly disappointed as Souta had been targeting her in hopes of jump scaring her. At most it was a nuisance. As was common with those that were practically joined at the hip, what skills one developed the other was not far behind.

Sora popped up next to Baria. She handed over a list of order from the basement level. She at least used her skill to be of help. Even though it utterly confused several of Baria's customers.

"So what were you talking about?"

"Neito and the others have a sports festival coming up and they want to have Daisuke train them."

"I foresee may sore muscles and bruised limbs."

"I foresee a possible sprain. They asked for his help and he will show no mercy."

"How did you get out of that?"

"I asked for him to help my café not me, myself personally."

Baria had never loved her quirk more than when it had helped her get out of training with Daisuke. His mind was a very confusing place to navigate. His help often translated into training them physically until they can't move and then keep going. She probably should have warned the boys but honestly they needed it. U.A had provided very little physical training from what she recalled. This would be beneficial to the boys albeit painful.

Baria turned back to the rest of the group. Daisuke was going about his own business while the rest argued. Denki apparently siding with Souta while Hitoshi was very passionately trying to prove him wrong with memes. Neito was attempting to get physical while Souta was holding him back with the palm of his hand on Neito's forehead.

Sora sighed. "This, this is what we call our family." She stated even as she began moving towards the group.

Baria didn't respond. "Yes. Yes, it is our family. Every last one. We love them for them."

WAKE UP!

A sharp pain ran through Barias' head causing her to wince. Baria had not had a pain like that in quite a while. It used to happen more often when she was younger. Shrugging off the phenomenon, Baria redirected her attention back to the argumentative group. Neito had, somehow, gotten Souta on the ground. He was seated on Soutas' back and had Souta arms pulled back as well. Sora had grabbed Denki and they were playing around on Sora's phone. Hitoshi had wandered off to the side and stolen someone's dessert. The original owner was less than impressed and looked close to leaping at Hitoshi. All in all, her family were causing chaos in her otherwise peaceful café.

All was as it should be.

But for how much longer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hi Lovies. I know it's been a really long time. I will try to post more chapters before university starts next year. As you guys know this story is technically a draft and once completed, I will be going through it for any errors or just to change a few things. Thank you to everyone for staying with me and hello to my new lovies. Hope you all have a lovely day <3