Chapter 20

Day two at U.A

Baria was not in a good mood. Denki's parents had called him last night asking him where he was. The fact that it had taken them months before they even realised he was missing was concerning. Sure Denki often had money and contributed to the grocery bills but Baria now realised his parents or parent was simply giving him money as a way to compensate their lack of presence in his life. Baria knew that Denki's mother was a hero. His dad was an unknown factor.

Baria had snatched Denki's phone after the first scream of outrage. She may be an orphan but she knew bad parenting when she saw it.

She didn't know that Bakugou kids full story but the violence seemed to be part of his personality. Well, to a degree at least. The other part was it was a subconscious mimicry of someone or a defence mechanism for a complex. Maybe even a way to compensate for something. Hearing maybe.

Baria digressed.

So had snatched Denki's phone and for the first time since she had first met Neito, screamed at a person. However, it had been the first time she well and truly cussed someone out. She had even had the audacity to call the woman out on her parenting skills. Baria had hang up on the woman soon after. Next thing people knew was that Denki's contacts were written down on a piece of paper and his phone was in pieces.

Baria had turned to Denki. Looked him right in the eye and said
"You don't need people like that in your life. If they can't make time for you, have been around and loved you, and didn't notice you were missing for months and don't even live in your house anymore even though you informed them then they are not worth your time and love. "

Denki didn't know if he should be offend, pleased or if he should just ignore what had happened. He had eventually just opted to go with the third.

Baria had then rounded on Neito. He looked at her for a full second before sprinting back into his room, locking the door on his way, and hid his phone.

Baria had never used her quirk within a lock before. She crouched down and placed her hands on either side of the door lock. She cleared her mind by focusing solely on the lock. She imagined a small bubble forming just in front of the lock. She concentrated on easing the bubble into the shape of a key and pushing it into the lock. She imagined it shifting to be a perfect fit with all the necessary crevices. She imagined it solidifying so it would not changed its shape again.

She then opened her eyes. Sweat dripping down the side of her head. Making simply bubbles with specific functions were much easier. She glanced at the lock. There lay a small see through bubble key. She grabbed it and twisted it. The lock clicked open.

The door swung open. Neito was at the window. Dressed for school and with his bag. Phone safely in his pocket. He was half in and half out the window. Neito glanced back at her slowly. To him, she seemed like a monster right out of a horror movie. Eyes red and form emitting a black aura. She was well and truly angry. Niegh, she was in a rage.

Neito slowly turned back towards the window. Baria watching him the whole time. He then threw himself out while Baria spun around and charged down the stairs. All throughout the house the sound of thundering footsteps could be heard. A door was slammed open and shrill screaming began to echo around the neighbourhood.

Neito had seen Baria running after him. He picked up pace.

70 feet.

She was gaining.

60.

Neito was regretting, buying a new phone two days ago.

50.