Ch. 39

Walls built in red brick and painted an egg shell white, stood tall and firm as winds blew against them. Inside these walls were bright green shrubs and budding flowers of all colours. Some closer to the wall were of yellow and orange. The brown of the soil making the green of the leaves all that more appealing. Further in there were Alstroemeria flowers next Anthuriums flowers. Dotted all over the garden surrounded by walls were Aster flowers. Closer to the centre were Black-eyed susan flowers, with their bright yellow petals. At the very centre on the garden were several types of flowers in various colours. There were striped Carnations and yellow Chrysanthemums. There purple hyacinths and poppies and even red dahlia's.

A garden well cared for should one not know what the colours and flowers represent. It was a good thing many didn't bother learning the meaning of flowers. Most never saw the point of it. At least, that's what she believed. The garden she grew represented aspects of herself, both what she allows others to see and what she keeps hidden. Some aspects that she herself knew not.

The garden was a place no one except the owner could access. Not that anyone else knew about in the first place. Baria had created it in one of her bubbles. A place where even her quirk could not deter her emotions. A safe place as one would say. She created it while the boys were at the USJ. It was also partially created due to her argument with the boys. It had been created subconsciously as a way to safe guard herself from others.

She and the boys had yet to speak of their argument. Yet to actually speak to each other outside of the hospital. She had not been intentionally avoiding them. She just didn't catch them before they left for the field trip. Even if she wanted to speak with the boys, she was unsure if she would be welcome. So after the hospital visit, Baria had retreated into her bubble. Currently she was tending to some aster flowers that had begun to wilt. Her patience with others had begun to wear thin these days. Evident in her shorter temper.

.

.

She had spent quite some time within the garden. So much so that when she left it and re-entered the world, Neito was waiting for her.

"We need to talk." He said. His face did not give away any of his thoughts. Mouth set in a firm line. Brows not quite frowning but not quite neutral either.

"Indeed."

"Why did you not tell us sooner?"

"Because I was unsure if it was real or I was insane."

"The bubbles...They are based off other world." It was a statement. One that Baria could only confirm.

"Promise me that you will never keep something like this a secret from us ever again." Neito demanded.

"I will attempt to."

"Attempt?"

"I am uncertain I will ever acquire a secret similar to this one." Baria stated demurring.

"Fine. Whatever. Come on, everyone is still waiting for us. Oh. And you will be happy to note that Hitoshi is already back."

Although her face did not shift, Neito knew that Baria was pleased at the news. He whipped around and began to exit the room. It wasn't quite a guest room but it also was not truly a storage room. Still it was rather dusty and he had spent more time in there than he had initial planned. It reminded him a tad too much of his parents' punishments. He was sweating profusely as he led Baria back to the others. They were beginning to worry when they couldn't find Baria.

.

.

.

Wednesday...after USJ attack

Baria was the first one up this morning. Excluding the early risers. Aizawa was passed out on the couch. Completely covered in bandages. Hizashi was already at his radio show. Youta was already on his third cup of coffee and had volunteered to help Baria make breakfast, along with Asashi, Kaito, Aina and Aiko. Mrs. Shina and Mrs. Keisha were not far behind Baria and Hawks was already out patrolling. Souma and Sora were still dead to the world. They had gotten night shifts at their new work place and it was destroying their sleep schedule.

Baria set to work.

.

Half way through cooking, Baria, Aiko and Kaito were sent to wake up the others. Of course, their methods vary. Kaito tended to rip blankets off his targets and blast a fog horn in their ears. Rude awakening but very effective. Aiko often climbed onto her targets bed before umping on them. Can't sleep if you're being tossed around. Baria was probably the gentlest of the three. She simply rolled her targets out of bed and whether or not they pitched up for breakfast was not her problem.

.

There was no real kitchen table so people often migrated to the living room for meals. Sitting in any available space after getting their food. Thanks were given and meals consumed. It wasn't long before the adults were shooing kids out the door for school. Aizawa got up the second the door shut behind the U.A. trio. Soon enough the house was barren of children and most of the adults.

Seeing that her work was done, Baria nabbed Daisuke, said goodbye to everyone remaining behind and left. She should have left earlier to open her café on time but she did not think any of her customers would begrudge her for being late this once.

.

Baria arrived at her cafe with Daisuke in tow. Some of the underground heroes who had had night patrol were lined up outside. Each and every one of them looked dead on their feet. Dark eye bags and pale faced as one is after an all-nighter. Baria in a moment of weakness felt deep pity. Night-time was always when the worst sort of offenders came out to play. Some that even other criminals would happily hand over if it didn't jeopardaise themselves.

Sighing internally, Baria unlocked the shop. Letting in all the poor sleepy men and women, she began to set up the cafe for the day. Daisuke not far behind her as he lifted the chairs off the tables, placing them neatly at the tables. Baria gathered a cloth from the kitchen and wet it. She used it to wipe down the tables. Her employees began to arrive as well. She set several off to start taking the underground heroes coffee orders and a few more to the kitchen to clean it up and began cooking.  

Toga bounced in and immediately hugged Baria.

"Good Morning, Baria-chan. How are you? Can i have a little bit of your yummy blood?"

"Sure, just make sure to clean the wound afterwards."

Another relatively normal day at cafe 'OBEX'.

.

It was a not so normal day at class 1-A of U.A. The first thing they had was a teacher that really should still be in hospital but is somehow walking around. Oh and it was announced that in two weeks' time a sports festival would be held.