Chapter 7

Age 11:

Baria never really cared about heroes. She didn't idolize one nor did she particularly dislike one. So when Hizashi-sama asked her who her favourite one was, she really had to think about it.

She knew of heroes that have done plenty of illegal things. She also knew of many villains that have committed crimes because they had no other choice. However, she also knew of many that were true to their title of hero and villain.

"Honestly speaking Hizashi-sama, sir, I don't have a favourite hero. Though I do prefer Underground heroes and heroes with alternative jobs. Though that's mostly because they don't save people for fame or money." Baria stated.

Hizashi was shocked. She couldn't have known he was a hero.... right?

"Besides there wasn't any hero around to keep the orphanage from being destroyed, on multiple occasions." Baria added.

Though her expression was blank, Hizashi could see that she was less than impressed. Sora and Souta stood next her with exasperated looks on their faces. Like they had heard this one to many times. Which they probably have. Baria felt no remorse and started to berate the heroes that she knew for a fact were just power hungry. She even berated the second top hero!

Hizashi wanted to refute and say that the heroes tried their best to limit the damage around the battle area. However, even he could tell that most heroes neglected orphans because they had no family that would mourn or fight for them. They didn't have family that could sue them.

He, himself, did not agree with said heroes and often picked fight with them. Plus, Hizashi could hold a grudge if he wanted to. Like the one with his friend, Nemuri. That woman had tried to flirt with his boyfriend when they first met. That happened three years ago and they weren't dating yet.

"Yeah, okay little listener you're right but please don't take these matters into your own hands. You could get hurt if you try to bring those jerks down." Hizashi ended up saying. He had a feeling she would try to do something about is.

"No worries, Hizashi-sama. I'm eleven years' old there is nothing I can do.... for now, ANYWAY what was it that you wanted for the café Hizashi-sama?" Baria asked abruptly. She just wanted to get off the topic of heroes, less they ended up finding all the dirt she got on most of them. Said dirty was the laundry of the likes nobody had ever seen.

"Oh right! I came in here to check in out. See some of my co-workers have mentioned it before and it seems like a pretty rad place for someone in my line of work to chillax. I also wanted a grand, whole milk, split shots (1/2 shots decaf, 1/2 shots regular), foam latte, with whipped cream, 2 sugars with a touch of caramel syrup and chocolate sprinkles. You think you can handle it little listener?" Hizashi asked after he rattled off his drink.

"Yes sir, your drink will be ready in a moment, please take a seat while you wait." Baria replied back into waitress mode.

Souta leaned over to Sora.

"Did you catch any of that?"

"I got lost after Chillax." Sora stated.

"Really? I got lost at rad."

.

.

.

.

As Baria left the front of the shop, Sora and Souta slid into seats either side of Hizashi. They shared glances with each other before Souta asked the million-dollar question.

"Hey Blondie, why do you look like that hero? Ah what's his name again, Sora?" Souta asked in a slightly mocking tone.

"His name was Voice hero: Present Mic, Souta. And from what I hear he also has three-part time jobs outside of the hero industry." Sora replied to her brother. While they may not be blood related twins, they sure do act like it. Often on the same page when it came to messing with other.

Hizashi was tense. His possibility of becoming a regular was slowly diminishing before his very eyes. Not by his choice of course. See he had first met the little listener when she was about seven years old and pushing her food cart around. He was in costume at the time and thus the reason she didn't recognize him as is now. He did very faintly recall her being with two others that very same day. He realized then that while Baria might not recognize him out of costume, Sora and Souta did. And that they now have blackmail on him. He did after all accidentally make a civilian faint.

The moment Baria stepped out from the back with his drink in hand, Hizashi felt relief like he never has before. The twins? Had grilled him about nearly everything. His intentions for coming to the café (All of which were pure), what his other jobs were (Radio show and a waiter at a small time café) and even if knew what some of the things Baria tended to mumble under her breath meant. Such as yeet or it's free real estate. Which he did not.

Baria set the drink down in front of him. The scent of coffee, caramel and chocolate wafting faintly in the air. Hizashi reached down and gently grabbed the cup, raising it up to his lips and took a sip. The first sip was soon followed by a second, then a third, fourth, fifth, until the whole cup was drained. Hizashi sighed. It tasted like heaven and though there were slight flaws it was far fewer than most cafes.

"So how much do I owe you?" Hizashi asked. In his mind that drink was worth more than the usual 558,27 yen.

"359,77 yen please and thank you." Baria told him.

"That's it?! Oh little listener, that drink should be way more! It was like heaven but in my mouth! You little listener have some skills behind you! Who taught you?!"

"No one really Hizashi-sama. I'm self-taught in all my baking, cooking and drink making skills."

"Your incredible little listener!"

"Thank you."

Sora leaned over to Souta.

"I'm leaving. Their talking too fast for normal people. Ya think its nerves?"

"Mostly likely and I'm coming with you."