Ch. 29

Second week of U.A: Monday

Baria didn't want to move. She wished to remain curled up on her bed. She didn't have the energy to get up and go about her day. She didn't feel that insistent need to do so either. She wouldn't say that she was numb or sad. She just didn't have the energy. All she could think about was what had happened.

She hadn't meant to anger Neito. She didn't want him to think that she didn't trust him, she did. She just didn't think that her previous opportunities were the "right time". Plus, what would she have said "Hey, I'm a reincarnated person who doesn't remember their past life, but knows that they were reborn. Oh! And your lives were anime characters and I do care for you even if you might not actually be real." She did not see that going well. There is also was also the fact that the plot line younger Baria had describes and transcribed was no longer entirely reliable because of her influence (intentional and otherwise). There was now a 50/50 chance that the main events would still happen and Baria was genuinely not in a good place, mentally, to contemplate the mass amount of problems that have arisen. So she needed to go to the one person that Baria trusted enough for help with her current problems. Daisuke.

Not many people knew this but Daisuke was someone that understood. He has had nearly every high and low points in his 30+ years of living. You could go to him about any situation that involved emotions and he would provide valid and helpful advice of how to deal or resolve it. He wouldn't even judge you on how you felt after all he was an ex-villain.

.

It took Baria over an hour to find the motivation to get out of bed. By this time, she knew that her regulars were worried even though Daisuke would have opened for her

Baria was usually on time when opening her café. It was always open by 7 AM at the latest and usually closed at 9 PM. In total her café was open 14 hours a day on average, excluding late nights and extremely early morning. Plus, the 8 hours of required sleep, though to be honest she only sleeps for 6. That is 20 hours of the day leaving her with only 4 hours free. This is excluding the time it takes to walk to the café and prep the kitchen, clean the tables, calculate finances, ensure she has some level of education ongoing by taking online classes and even more during rush hours. All of which take up more that the remaining time without any time for herself. Baria had taken various precautions to ensure no one knew her proper schedule and forcefully made time in her schedule for family and friends.

With her café in mind, she got ready for the day.

.

.

.

Dressed in jeans, a plaid skirt, a pale pink t-shirt and a pair of black flats, Baria began to make her way to 'OBEX'. She passed many people of the way there. Some she knew from 'OBEX'. Others from the route she was taking. Some were new but only one truly stood out. Baria didn't notice him at first at least until he followed her for several minutes. So she began checking if it was just a coincidence or not. She took several turns and even ended up backing up on herself on several occasions. Throughout it all he was never more than a few meters behind her.

'You know what. No. I'm not dealing with this today.'

With this in mind Baria spun on her heel and stormed up to the man. It was not the correct way to deal with someone following you, Baria would later learn. Nor was it advised but Baria could honestly say that she did not have a single negative emotion or thought about her actions or the consequences.

"Look Mister. I barely had the motivation to get out of bed today. I have confessed my greatest secret to my friends and they didn't react well to it. I am on the verge of either killing a man or walking past a murder without blinking an eye today. So if you push me in either direction it's not going to end well. This is your' only warning. Stop following people around with nefarious intention or so help me I will set eve hero I know on your ass. Are we clear?"

"Crystal." The man whimpered.

Upon hearing this Baria continued on her way to 'OBEX'. She was meeting Daisuke as a customer this time round. She deserved time off for all that she has done. Scarp any and all previous plans. She would deal with her issues another time. Today was her getting pampered by her choice rather than her being dragged into it by others.

.

.

.

Marching her way into 'OBEX', Baria banked right. There was a table open there right next to the window and just under the AC. The tables of 'OBEX' were always arranged to bring maximum efficiency. The menus were already laid down on the table. Condiments and cutlery were set in the middle of the table and underneath it all was a soft baby blue table cloth with a white seamless floral pattern. Each table was spaced evenly although the number of seats varied. It was only thanks to her quirk that Baria's café had very little noise as each conversation was confined to a table.

.

Daisuke had noticed Baria immediately as she stepped onto the threshold. He saw as she moved to a table rather than to the front counter. Baria knew this as she plopped down into the chair. This was one of her favourite spots within the café. It gave the perfect view to people watch.

Baria knew what she wanted before she sat. Why wouldn't she when she created the menu. So, she called Daisuke over.

"Papa Dai. Can I have some Japanese-Style Beef Stew?"

Daisuke nodded his head before asking if that was all Baria wanted. It was. Once he had confirmation. He began a short trek to the kitchen.

Baria knew she was going to have to wait for a while but it gave her the perfect opportunity to begin a novel she was thinking of.

"Tell me. What drives you to do what you do? Don't tell me that you just want to or that society has driven you to do what you do. I have seen villains that have suffered that fate. I have seen villains driven by Wrath. You do not hold that wrath within you. I have seen villains driven by Greed and Lust. You do not hold these either. Villains have been driven by Gluttony. You do not appear to have such a drive running through your veins. I have seen villains created and driven by Pride and Envy. You present no such signs. There have even been a few villains driven by Sloth. You are not one of them. So tell me. What drives you to commit to an action so whole heartedly that its begun to destroy you?"