Ch. 42

Baria was an honest person. This is turn meant that she expected honesty from other when it came to everyday happenings. This in turn meant that anyone that attempted to scam another out of a product or money near her, would very quickly find out why Baria owned one of the most trusted businesses in the area. This is something that Mountain Lady was currently discovering after attempting to get free food using both her popularity and looks. Which she could afford with no issues of any kind.

"You are taking advantage of him. He would have lost income which in turn would help him further his business. You cannot do things like that just because you don't want to pay. It not even a lot of money and you were still going to do this. How low can you possibly be? I can understand it if you desperately needed food and had no money at all, but you are a pro-hero. You get massive pay checks. At this rate you just acting like a common criminal."

Mountain Lady stood stunned before a 5'2" young teen who looked as if she had never seen the sun before. She didn't even get in a word edge wise before the teen attention shifted to Kamui Woods who had been standing idly nearby.

"And you. While Mountain Lady s technically not doing anything illegal, you should be trying to discourage her from doing such things as she a) does not need to and b) is morally incorrect to do to small business owners and finally c) you are her partner."

Once again, no one had time to reply before the girl spun on her heel and walked away. Her head held high and leaving two heroes to clean up their now slightly damaged reputations.

.

.

.

Baria had gotten lost. This was a fact she could easily acknowledge. It could also be seen by the fact she had somehow ended up in the waiting rooms for students. It was relatively easy to figure that out as she gazed upon a female student with pink dreadlocks and golden target eyes. She could already see the hyper active energy coming off the girl. If Baria had to take a guess she would have said that the girl had ADHD or some type of mild autism. Baria was around the girl very long but she could already tell that the girl sometimes had difficulty communicating with other or reading another's body language. The girl had a slightly unusual posture. Her head was held high but her shoulders were pulled a tad too far back to be comfortable and she did not look Baria directly in the eyes. The girl aimed her gaze at the bridge of Barias nose. When Baria looked closely it seemed as if the girl was minutely vibrating where she stood over a complicated looking machine. She had blue prints on the side and tools scattered around her.

"Hello, you seem overly energetic." Baria stated. 'It seemed that my brain to mouth filter is in need of repair.'

As was common occurrence when the filter was overused or broken Baria's mind had chosen to shut down and thus this was the last thought that ran through Baria head before she her vision tunnelled and her knees gave under her bodyweight. She didn't see how the other girls grin widened nor how she lunged to catch Barias' falling body. If she had, Baria would have likely second guessed her decision to wander off.

.

.

A finger caressed over the TV screen. Its nail black and the skin pale as if death had already claimed its prize. Black mist weaved between the other fingers and around the wrist. Another hand came up and with a flick of the wrist dozens of slivers shot out the door to their targets. A single command contained within. The hand that had been raised moves slowly to a set of lips. The edges curled into a smile that was a just slightly too wide. One that showed far too many teeth to be natural.

"You look just as good as I remember, my dear Obexia." A masculine voice stated. "Not long now. Not long at all." The finger began tracing over a young female teens image once more. Shivers ran down the spines of those within the room. He may control them but someone's natural reaction could not always be suppressed.

.

.

Baria jerked herself into awareness. She was laid out on the table with no one in the room with her. She could faintly hear the roar of the crowd and Present Mics announcements. The sound of explosions rang through the air. Baria swung her legs off the side of the table, pulling her torso up simultaneously. Now upright, Baria glanced around the room again. There were several bags placed along the walls of the room. Deciding to leave the room and return to her place in the audience, Baria pushed off of the table. Once her feet were firmly on the floor, she began to make her way out of the room. She closed the door behind her and began moving towards the sound of the explosions.

The closer she got to the explosions the more voices she could hear. Whether they were from the audience or other competitors remained to be seen. Thankfully she eventually ran into a student. As strange as he was. His hair was pitch black and he gave off black tendrils of mist from his hands from time to time. He spoke to Baria as if they were old friends. They moved further down the hall. Chatting as they walked. It was easy to talk to him. They bounced through topics fairly quickly.

However, he was familiar in all the ways that set warning bells off in the back of her mind. Unfortunately, she could not activate her quirk to find out why as it would constitute as an attack against a student of a hero institute. Thus, a second option was required. An escape route of some kind. Baria began darting her eyes around the hallway. She catalogued every door, every exit and every window. She came to a horrify realization. There was no one else in the hall. There hadn't been since she left the room and even before then there had been no one else nearby. Usually that wasn't something to freak out about. However, Baria did not feel safe in any sense. It didn't help that the hallway had no cameras or recording devices of any kind. Nothing that could be used to find her should something happen.

Baria felt as if her heart was skipping a beat every so often. It was as if her heart was trying to beat out of her chest. Her palms were beginning to sweat but she didn't feel hot. Quite the contrary, she felt extremely cold. Minute shivers were beginning to rack her frame and it was like her lungs could not get enough air into them. Bile begun to collect at the base of her throat. Her head was pounding as if she had been listening to extremely loud music for several hours.

She couldn't see the student properly as her vision was tunneling but she could tell that he was reaching for her. He

'RUN! ITS HIM! RUN! DON'T LET HIM GET ME!'

Baria moved without a single hint of hesitation. She opened her mouth and shrieked. Her voice echoing down the hall and into the stadium, but no one truly registered what the scream for what it was. 

A hand snapped out and clasped over her mouth, silencing her. Desperately she attempted to activate one of her barriers. As if sensing this the other had whipped of a cuff and slammed it around her wrist. It was a quirk canceling cuff. Usually restricted to heroes or high up police officers. Her quirk no longer an option, Baria aimed for her attackers' face. Fingers clawed, she tried to scratch his eyes and she dropped her weight. Not that is seemed to much as her attack, dodged and called someone for aid. Baria was not a physically strong individual. She waited tables all day and had nearly no physical fitness beyond what her store required. This was something she was deeply regretting at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hi lovies. I know its a bad end but i lowkey rushed it. But here feast my lovies. Just a bit longer (maybe 2+ months) before the end of the semester. Then i can work a bit more on this. Honestly ive also been having a bit of a writing block but its fine. I wish you  all the best of luck for your days and hopefully ill see everyone again soon.